Introducing Octatrack MKII

if this is fact, then that’s sad indeed

1 Like

Great news! Extended life for the Octatrack and why not?? It’s still the best Performance Sampler available lonely at the top!

People complaining about things it doesn’t do or have… Its a magic box with a hand-on feeling not found elsewhere.

Now I still have hope for some final bug-fixes regarding the Pickup machines for example!

Go Elektron!

9 Likes

This is a good thing. No pressure to upgrade. OT will live on and I’m sure at some point we’ll see a totally new take on the big box sampler concept that will blow our minds. In the meantime, should my OT die unexpectedly, I’ll be able to buy a new one. Come to think of it, I actually prefer the LEDs above the trig buttons on the OT MK1.

9 Likes

Nice Display :slight_smile: but the contrast of the faceplate print is worse now. White on gray :frowning: Ok it’s better than white on white or gray on gray.

1 Like

I’m studying the picture and the buttons closer, there might be more to his MKII than people are giving credit for. No new features, true. BUT! There is something to be said about an improved workflow and it does appear that they’ve redesigned the OT to bring more of its features to the surface instead of embedded deep inside the menus and dif button combinations of the machine. This is accurate to their forefront mission of trying to translate their gears feautures with immediacy.

And fear not MK1 owners, with this release it makes the OT relevant again so that you might be able to get more $$$ from the second hand market on account that the release of this generates desire for the concept that is the OT.

No offense, but people are really comparing bullet points between the two than actually trying to see what Elektron were aiming to do with this(which I don’t think is fair)- the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

“Fifty said go ahead and switch the style up-and if they hate then let em hate and watch the money pile up”
–Kanye West

7 Likes

Yeah the trig conditions would have been what would have sold it to me. I use them on the Rytm all the time and would love to have them on the Octatrack. Relieved in one way though that I don’t have to spend all my cash on an upgrade!

1 Like

I wonder how many people crying for a new OS even know how to use the old one?

10 Likes

Would be sorry, if he did …

But could it be that Elektron needed to react somehow to the issue of the new MPCs?

When out, it will be easy and cheap to buy a MK1 as backup. :smiley:

1 Like

after some thoughts i think that it’s great that they went with this re-skin thing, instead of making a new version of octa. because it has same os, it’s gonna be supported like before, and that’s really cool to previous owners. and for a new ones - looks like a nice deal

1 Like

Yeah, second hand prices have already started to drop. Great for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I reckon it’s 100% going to have probability sequencing and be OB compatible eventually. They’re holding back because they know how pissed off all you guys will get.

2 Likes

Without a doubt the new MPC releases have forced Elektrons hand here.
They want to try and stay relevant and rather than reinventing the wheel…

2 Likes

It’s pretty clear to me now that Elektron will never make the OT2.

Mk2 is here now for at least another decade :wink:

I’m happy to see the OT brought to a new life, and happy to see them stating the OS will evolve also for MK1!

Happy to get no GAS here, I can keep on focusing on my beloved OT mk1, ah ah!

I love this. But now I’m hooked on the DT. I’m never going back. But my years with the OT will be fondly remembered. By me, that is😊

5 Likes

Yeah. I can live without OB.

“Live Friendly Sequencer” means nothing to me

If the Trig Conditions have been left off, then that’s a massive no from me and a complete missed opportunity from Elektron

2 Likes

In my universe it totally is. The Octa has always been an annoying pedant the Digi is a majestic thing of beauty and love.

I think the point is that it’s a missed opportunity for a few extra features like the trig conditions. Improved usability is a good thing though, but it would have been great to have had some of the cool bits from some of the newer machines onto the Octatrack. Separate outs from Overbridge would have been mint as well.

1 Like

this is the only good news all other are more like a disappointment

This is the biggest Disappointment to date. Feels very misleading.

2 Likes