Introducing Octatrack MKII

Hooray !!!

F#ck me sideways.

2 Likes

Looks like OB is missing. Thought that may be a big ask

2 Likes

Its the octa we know in a new dress. New screen, buttons, encoders and audio connections. Everything else is the same.

Or am I missing something?

5 Likes

my words, I eat them. Looks super sick!

8 Likes

Yes, seems that’s it.

Crisp OLED screen providing optimal feedback in dimly lit environments
Ultra durable back-lit buttons. Rated for 50 million presses
Contactless silky smooth performance crossfader
Precise, hi-res encoders
Increased amount of dedicated buttons enabling quicker workflow
Balanced audio inputs facilitating a hum free signal flow

Battleship grey looks nice!

2 Likes

It is very attractive.
And I just bought a DT.
Which I have been enjoying a lot.
Um.

1 Like

Yes, no stress then. Phew.

It does, but based on the spec sheet it doesn’t seem to do anything that MK1 doesn’t. I wonder whether it’ll have more headroom for future improvements, e.g. conditional trigs and such.

2 Likes

Seems safe to assume the other black boxes will be revamped as well at some point.

7 Likes

It looks like all the ports is on the exact same spots as original octa. Its still CF card even. So I guess everything else would be the same?

I think I just shit myself. If it’s more or less the same as the original but includes the probability sequencer, then I’ll be getting it.

2 Likes

So is it purely just hardware revision? Guess so if it’s fully compatible with OG OT projects. I guess no DT sound engine/filter/distortion/pitch algo? Trig conditions?

Guess it still at least has arpeggio on midi tracks and tempo per track to accommodate OG projects?

Still no 8 separate outputs. Surely that was a no-brainer if updating the hardware. Massive fail… Literally just a face-lift (and I guess OB?). Ugh… Guess this means no legit OT2 for f&#king ages now too :frowning:

Elektron kinda asking for another company to come and whoop their ass with these recent product spec/feature decisions…

6 Likes

It is MK2 not OT2. Big difference.

14 Likes

analog drice style, long campaing.

Throw in another release as a thankyou

pretty much… Rytm with better pads would be great!

but yeah… could be that it’s gonna be a similar situation as with A4 initially… major software updates at a later point.

2 Likes

Super exciting, as I think with the Digitakt they really are at the top of their game regarding hardware / screen / mechanics. Just wish the Mk2 would benefit of the improvements in effects sound quality, then it’d be an instant buy.

1 Like

Reckon there will be conditional trigs and Overbridge support brought out at a later date?

I thought they initially said there was nothing else they could fit onto the board for the Octa so conditional trigs etc wouldn’t be available for it.

Yup, ‘mega meh vs Neeeeeeeeeeeeed to own this’ :wink:

2 Likes