Introducing Model:Samples

Correct, you can find it on page 32.

9.3 WAVE
The WAVE parameter cannot be parameter locked.!

Too bad, but it will push you be creative with sample chains, as you will be able p-lock sample start/end points

Hopefully they will add a soundpool later on, but I doubt that. I think they will keep the soundpools for the more advanced boxes.

Great video from Loopop with Cenk:

11 Likes

Kit replace is cool. Hasnt been there since MD.
It IS fun to swap out a kit on a pattern to hear a different vibe.

2 Likes

Do changes to the kit pass on to following patterns or is it on a per pattern basis like the Digitakt?.

As i understoodā€¦its like the MD, a kit saves with a pattern, but you can load a new kit onto an existing pattern. If you reload the pattern the saved kit comes back.

Please correct me if im wrong.

1 Like

Cenk is the master.

1 Like

To clarify furtherā€¦ Itā€™s different. Itā€™s more like the DT/DN, not the MD (which has a Kit browser, allowing you to associate multiple patterns to a single kit).

M:S / DN / DT = Each pattern has itā€™s own kit, the kit resides in the pattern.

In fact just like in the DN manual, if you search the word ā€œKitā€ in the M:S manual, no results are found.

2 Likes

Sureā€¦i all messed up with the naming. I honestly think they fucked up changing conventions.

BUT you can load a diff set of samples onto an existing pattern on the M:Sā€¦yes?

There is no ā€œkit loadā€, like we are familiar with.

The implementation is different.

Manual Pg 14

You could also copy and paste a pattern from one pattern slot to another, and that would copy and paste the samples.

But any changes you make to the sample parameters of one pattern wonā€™t be made to the samples of the other, as they are not referencing the same kit data, each working from a different copy of the kit.

6 Likes

I think this is faster workflow which is what they want for the M:S.

1 Like

So (i hate saying this dumbass statement butā€¦)
Its the sameā€¦butā€¦different.

Its almost semantics.

heheheā€¦ itā€™s ā€œuniqueā€

Since Cenk missed so much the scale per track, why didnā€™t they just put the damn feature in other elektron boxes?
Man! This thing would just make more sales accross the entire lineup. Segmentation is frustration for everybody!! Do it!!!

Is his second of silence after bringing that up any indication of upcoming updates? I wishā€¦

10 Likes

Ha, I noticed that too. Like he wanted to say ā€˜and all the old boxes will be getting it soon tooā€™ā€¦but thought better of it. Fingers crossedā€¦

1 Like

he definitely hesitated didnā€™t he :smile:
looked to me that he contemplated airing his grievance regarding the other units lack of said ability and then decided against it.

8 Likes

Iā€™m still undecided on the M:S, but knob per function is ā€˜hyped?ā€™ Itā€™s just a thing it has. Personally, if Iā€™m trying to manage an OT and A4 live (two pretty complex boxes), it seems to me having a much more streamlined box with knob per function could be very useful and relieve a bit of stress for certain things. Why would I want to add a cheap midi controller when I already know the more midi devices onstage, the more potential problems I could face?
Sure, there are other pieces of gear out there, but this thread ainā€™t about other pieces of gear.
From what I just saw of Cenkā€™s brief workout on the M:S, if you canā€™t fashion a good set (at least in the percussion department) on this box, the problem ainā€™t the box.
If after checking the M:S feature set you think thereā€™s a better alternative for you. Congrats! Go do that and I look forward to hearing what youā€™ve come up with, truly!

1 Like

Cenk works for Elektron, they donā€™t work for him.
That pause looked more like a ptsd flashback that he was almost consumed by.

4 Likes

That was pretty funny :slight_smile:

Maybe that was a very gentle nudge. hehe

1 Like

I think there could be a little bit of both there.

Almost like a sponsored athlete or something, that would have some input on the product possibly.

2 Likes

:joy:

1 Like