Introducing Model:Samples

$400USD is a lot of money for most people.

3 Likes

Model:Samples is not going to replace my beloved Octatrack, but it seems like a really good product. I’m sure that it will sell a ton on its own and will also upsell a few people in the direction of the Digitakt.

I’m waiting to see the full reviews and hands-on experiences of first adopters to see whether one of these would distract my niece from my OP-1.

From looking through the manual, I wonder whether some of the intended users are going to be put off by the sample management process.

And I still find the product name incredibly odd.

11 Likes

Elektron’s Model:Samples FAQ says “it is class compliant, meaning that you can stream stereo audio”.

4 Likes

I think it looks fun as hell! I would love to run this through my Machinedrum and pair them up. Also will be nice to jam with in bed before crashing out, the non click buttons won’t wake the wife up. The sample management will be fine for me. I’ll just find a bunch of dope samples and make my own, load it up and be done with it.

4 Likes

as someone has suggested…it seems like it leaves it open for other Model:type models.

True, My first sampler I bought when I was 17 for $1200 - it wasn’t even half this powerful and I bought it with money I made mowing lawns and making pizzas. Shits actually way cheaper and better now…

6 Likes

Back in my day I had to walk 9 miles uphill in the snow everyday just to look at an MPC through the window of a music store that wouldn’t let me in because I was broke.

4 Likes

ya and if you sold that old sampler today…you prob wouldn’t get much [unless its some sick vintage one]

I sold my akai s1000 for $40 :frowning: that’s the best I could get. and the ONLY way it sold was it was pickup. shopping would have been too much ha ha ha ha.

SCALE PER TRACK ON DIGITAKT PLEASE.

Yes forum software this is a complete sentence.

5 Likes

Digitone too!

2 Likes

Yes!

1 Like

Was it uphill both ways?

1 Like

Yeah the store was at the top of a mountain.

1 Like

Shoot, still a nice machine though! No mine wasn’t an SP 1200 it was an MPC 2000xl and it was stolen so I didn’t even have to bother with reselling it

Mountains aren’t uphill both ways dude

2 Likes

A bit disappointed in that. I guess if it had an audio input there wouldn’t be much need for the usb jack. Still buying!

MIDI CC for swing!!! :open_mouth:

They are where I grew up. Hard times.

5 Likes

definitely a nice machine. shoulda kept it and sold my CD3000 instead. its decoration now. I think the S1000 woulda made a nicer decoration tho. “cooler” :slight_smile:

but look at the difference…
the S1000 with its 16mb of memory, menus upon menus, 3min to load a sample through midi cables, originally selling at $4499 msrp and the size of an old betamax…
vs the M:S. the little box is JACKED in comparison.

who would wanna use them anymore. I turned it on for fun…it wasn’t. I turned it off and sold it. again, sold the wrong one. the S1000 is a WAY cooler paper weight.

2 Likes

Glad you pulled through

1 Like