Introducing Model:Samples

Hmmmm seems quite a surprising overlap with the Digitakt. Looks like a lot of fun though, if only the battery was built in. Any one any idea of size or price of the battery pack?

1 Like
1 Like

Op-z has some really nice sequencer features that elektron havenā€™t started to implement yet. And onboard synths. And polyphonic tracks. And can speak to Eurorack when the module appears. Etc. Not really very comparable unitsā€¦Prefer the size and onboard screen of the Elektron. Not in to the teeny weeniness of the Z. Not really hyped on either unit from what Iā€™ve seen though and Korg is probably getting my next spare $ for the new minilogueā€¦

Model:Synths next?

3 Likes

The chance feature looks great

Honestly Elektron shouldā€™ve released Overbridge 2.0 at NAMM and then unveiled this device.

I think public reception would have gone better. Although it would have the possibility of going south since this doesnā€™t even support OBā€¦

3 Likes

Model:Wavetable

5 Likes

Would be amazing if Digitakt and Digitone were in the same form factor (slimmer boxes)

model:bass

1 Like

Target market?

1 Like

Itā€™s showing up for preorder at Ā£399 at a few places - this is too much IMO when you can easily find a new DT for Ā£539. Unfortunate. Hopefully it will come down a bit as stock comes online.

Comparing the new prices on the Elektron site, the M:S should be less than 60% of the DTā€™s price, which would make it under Ā£320 in terms of street price (or around Ā£350 if you take the more common Ā£599 DT street price). Thatā€™s where it feels like it should be to me - Roland Boutique price.

1 Like

This looks interesting, and Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll like it once I hear more demos and see what people can do with it, but unfortunately having a Machinedrum and Digitakt this is not something I absolutely must have.

I think this, along with the Digitakt and Digitone, will be a great ā€œintroā€ to Elektron for a lot of people out there who havenā€™t tried any Elektron devices due to their hesitation about the menu diving and complexities and depth of previous machines.

Iā€™m curious to hear and see more about this, and I can see itā€™s value for others, but at this time my money will stay in my pocket (or go somewhere else).

1 Like

Model:Samples is a couple inches wider. Iā€™ll take an inch in thickness over several in total footprint, eh?

4 Likes

Is the only way to input samples through the transfer app?

Plus probably like Ā£30+ for the battery add onā€¦

Or via MIDI / C6

1 Like

not wider of course, just always thought dt and dn could be slimmer, and lighter

1 Like

Has anyone speculated that Elektron may have designed a hardware platform that can be configured (by them) to different ā€˜modelsā€™ in different boxes?

Korg did this with the the Electribe 2 synth/sampler

3 Likes

From Elektron:
2 Ɨ slots for attaching Powerhandle BP-1

So the Battery Pack gets attached ā€“ using ā€˜slotsā€™. (Maybe the slots have electrical connections? (ADDED: Probably not.)) The battery pack has a handle? So that seems better than a larger base box, that has an empty spot in it when you donā€™t have a battery connected. It depends some on the detail.

Has anyone seen a picture of the Powerhandle BP-1

1 Like

If you look at photos of one opened up, two boards back to back in there. I donā€™t think they can. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: