Introducing Digitone

I want one, but I am gonna wait till it hit the stores here. MUST-BE-PATIENT-UGH-

Almost the same here ā€¦

What no parameter slide? Is this confirmed?

1 Like

Wonder if Yamaha is taking notice. Korg, PreenFM, and now Elektron are stealing the sub-$1000 FM market from under their feet.

Yamaha could release a sub-$1000 Dixietage 8-op FM synth to destroy the competition if they wanted to. By the time they get around to it, might be too late.

2 Likes

and cond. trigs

Iā€™m enjoying my unfiltered train-of-thought posting.

1 Like

1 Like

really hoping for a bigger brother.

3 Likes

I would also like to voice my concern. whoever is making the decisions regarding direction and product release seems to be lacking integrity. there are other products, esp DT1, that should have taken priority of this. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a watertight CEO reason why this had to be done but it smells a bit. chivalry has a good place in modern society and the brave decision to put this on hold while DT1 is sorted would have been the honourable thing to do. thus showing current Elektron owners that we are not just a sideline to an ever increasing but immobile financial statement.
conflicting priorities I know but what would be the right choice hmm?

13 Likes

To say I am obsessed with FM synthesis may be an understatement.
I will reserve judgement till I can see the full specs on this thing.
At first glance looks very similar in specs to the Yamaha DX, but with a much better interface and sequencer
As much as I love FM, would have been great to see more digital synthesis e.g. wavetable, physical modelling etc. included.
This would have obviously made it more expensive, but I for one would be willing to pay more for a more diverse box.
Itā€™s a definite step in the right direction for Elektron at least.
The digital revival has started.

14 Likes

Yamaha has different customers

Form factorā€™s really nice and it obviously fills a niche in their product line, but the sound examples are doing nothing for me.

Can see why people might go for this if they want a way into Elektron sequencing and already have a good sampler / drum machine, but as an existing Digitakt owner Iā€™m not sure why Iā€™d go for this over something like a Blofeld.

Also, Iā€™m going to reserve judgment on this until February, but if Overbridge gets delayed again after yet another new box has come out, I think people will be more than justified in getting pissed off.

2 Likes

25 page of manualā€¦ arpeggiator looks very nice! :heart_eyes:
Elektron please, donā€™t forget about digitakt, we are still waiting and hoping :face_with_monocle: :smirk:

4 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Negualizing a topic

Ooooh yes , i always wanted something like a Blofeld but with an Elektron Sequencer attached to it

2 Likes

if it had a flexible audio architecture/routing (stored at the project level) this would be much more interesting from a sound design perspective. lacks the kind of modularity that makes machinedrum/monomachine/octatrack so powerful and deep.

sounds really good, might be worth getting one after a year or two when the OS is demonstrated to be stable and relatively feature-complete by end-users

still waiting for monomachine mk3 though :frowning:

6 Likes

Same- itā€™s a cute little machine

1 Like

More beta products? No thanks.

11 Likes

the analog hype will be over some day

3 Likes

Just wanna say having owned a reface dx a blofeld and the Roland d05 boutique synth, they were all a pain in the ass to program and left me to use presets which is why I sold all of em.

Thinking the digitone is gonna be very user friendly and be pretty easy to program.

Given that this is almost 800 itā€™ll be a while before I get one. Gotta feeling these are gonna pop up on the used market soon after release because of people not liking FM synthesis and potential bugs or whatever

But Iā€™m excited to own one/ā€¦

One day

3 Likes