Introducing: Digitone Keys

That was quick :

11 Likes

I feel like we’re gonna see a few digitones in the 2nd hand market

4 Likes

i am pretty underwhelmed. just a keyboard added to a dn… what restriction(s) does this address exactly?

was hoping for software updates for all machines, allowing for different (speed) scales per track

8 Likes

Reading the manual… key scaling for operators A/B1/B2… is that new?

1 Like

What’s better? 2x Digitone or DigitoneKeys ?

1 Like

a digitone and a digitone keys
and you assign the 4 digitone keys midi tracks to the digitone

3 Likes

Is the Digitone going to get the updated presets the Keys has? Would be nice for those of us with almost identical keyboards to the DN Key’s.

4 Likes

Oooops … does => doesn’t (in my previous post - fixed it) …

And the manual of the Digitone Keys has verified my guess that the additional encoders are only assignable to single parameters on the DNK when in USER MODE (not even restrict the range or anything fancy).

So no performance macros on the DNK.

3 Likes

Lol

Lol. 20 year old Monomachine has more functionality. This company continues to be a joke. This is a very low-function overpriced machine.

14 Likes

Ahh OK, that is a bummer tho.

2 Likes

I love Digitone. If I had the room for a keyboard, this would top my wishlist. The formfactor is nuts and I like that.

Also: portamento!

1 Like

I currently use my AK to play the digitone via midi, i am excited to try these new presets with the joystick controller and AK aftertouch etc…

Gotta please the corporate serpent overlords.

@KegParty where are you finding the presets accessible for just the Digitone?

1 Like

I’m very, very (very) happy to say that I contributed a good number of presets for this machine! It has been a personal dream of mine to have collaborated again with Elektron.
Thanks for letting me be a part of this, guys!

It looks amazing!

25 Likes

As per my question above, are they available for us Digitone owners with identical keyboards and functionality?

Already got a digitone and a good keyboard so don’t need this, but looking forward to using the randomise feature of new OS :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Finally I can continue to lust for a Peak.

12 Likes

Loopop mentions new presets intended to accentuate the new digitone-keyboard … i have been setting up my own patches …via assignable cc

I just ordered $2,300 worth of Eurorack after selling my Peak so I am satisfied.

@KegParty since they’re both digital machines the controls of the Keys basically are just streamlined MIDI controls.

I’m sure someone will Sysex them but I don’t think they’ll work with the DN.

1 Like