Introducing: Digitone Keys

Cant see people buying this given the current alternatives.

2 Likes

2x Digitone & DigitoneKeys

2 Likes

All I know is everyone hesitant on the Digitone, seemingly were so due to portamento. I feel most will still get the Digitone.

3 Likes

I love my Peak. Great synth for sure … sorry for the ot :grin:

3 Likes

Very interesting. I play drones with my AK a lot using HOLD button. Cant find it here. Do you think it can latch on the key?

1 Like

Yes, there is a “hold/latch” function.

2 Likes

Strange form factor. Literally a digitone with wheels to the left and keys to the right. If they had spread out the digitone controls across the top of a larger keyboard if might have been interesting. It’s a bit too literal in my opinion. DigitoneKeys read left to right :smiley:
Also no song mode still I read?..but they did warn us “restrictions are for the dreamers”

10 Likes

that’s great - thanks!

Did you see the Novation Summit? Looks so good.

3 Likes

Why are the pitch and mod wheels that far away from the keybed?

There is a HOLD on/off buffon left of the additional encoders.

I like the way it’s followed in the Monomachine Keys footsteps rather than the Analog Keys footsteps.

8 Likes

I agree allot of people may buy this I wont due to having other cheaper options which give me more timbre scope but that doesnt take away from this synth for some people. Allot of the timbres you get are kind of limited with just fm and basic effects, allot of people want more in 2019.

I could imagine seeing a dope, dopplereffekt style electro live set with a DK and an old SFX-6

5 Likes

Ok, let’s do it

2 Likes

brb, gonna learn to play keys

9 Likes

I’m gonna speculate that the next release is a Digitakt with 16 MPC style pressure sensitive pads to the right.

:wink:

8 Likes

Watched a few videsos now - most people are right handed (90%?) so I’m not sure how operarting the digitone part would work. If you sit with that part in front to operate with both hands then the keys are over to the right. Seems to be suffering from Dreadbox Medusa syndrome.

2 Likes

So close to being a Digitar. Just needs a strap.

8 Likes

Comfort when using the wheels I would say.