Introducing: Digitone Keys

I’m wondering who they’re going for here. I’m hardcore keyboard player and don’t immediately attract to this.

However, for the tweakers, I’m not sure a midi keyboard isn’t just a hell of a lot more convenient. So feels like most of them won’t go for this either.

The Analog Keys made a lot of workflow sense if you were a keyboard player, and even if you weren’t, it had a lot of convenience built into it compared to the module.

But this one … I don’t know. It does seem a bit indecisive.

7 Likes

So what we’re naming this bad boy?
DNK ? DK ?

That’s what I meant, multiple parameters being mapped to one knob macro.

I wonder why they did away with the leds for each key? Always loved watching my sequences play out on the AK.

10 Likes

Song mode?

2 Likes

User assignable encoders doesn’t mean automatically A4-like performance macros. I’ll guess they are just simple single value controls (otherwise marketing would have jumped on it, isn’t it?).

OK, I love my Digitone and am very grateful for the updates top my box…

BUT THAT THING IS FUGLY

9 Likes

restrictions are for the dreamless

2 Likes

The track button leds don’t also seem to be flickering with each trig. Has that feature been “disabled”?

If this is the case, what a big improvement to know which track you are in (without looking at the screen). That was my one main grip with DN.

2 Likes

That’s the case on my updated DN.

1 Like

Having owned a few AKs I actually think the opposite that this is more practical in my case! A lot less wasted space. I’m delighted with this announcement.

5 Likes

A4 performance mode allows multiple parameters in multiple tracks to be assigned to one knob.

No.

1 Like

For the price I would rather have a Digitone & Minilogue XD. That would give 12 voices of crazy versatility with the new parameter locks on the XD.

11 Likes

Well, I’ll def give it a go in the store, once it pops up. Could be that the very clear separation provides for a more focused experience.

1 Like

Strange that I couldn’t find it in the update release notes.

Not what I had hoped for, but a nice looking instrument in it’s own right. As a DN owner I’d rather buy a 2nd one to be able to process individual outs should I be so inclined.

3 Likes

Don’t know… why not a proper elektron keyboard with proper dedicated controls for multiple Elektron machines?

9 Likes

I would love to see Elektron Keys line (25/49/61/88) with multiple midi/cv/gate outs.

3 Likes

Cool Machine. Thanks @Elektron for the os updates as well…