Introducing: Digitone Keys

The Sweetwater demo of this is really rather excellent - well worth checking out if you haven’t already.

Flight ET-120 ready for takeoff!

46 Likes

Thanks for the explanation! I got kinda hyped for a little bit because I thought it was a tease to a DT update, but still cool to learn.

oh man love it down with the design gawwwwd now I wish I had this one instead of the desktop fml

4 Likes

The Digitone is an Analog four with a 4OP FM synth engine. The FM+ engine sounds nothing like the DN. The A4 isn’t a spiritual succesor of the MM either, despite them both having a subtractive synth engine onboard.

I’ve seriously never understood the comparison. The MM is closer to a synth version if the OT with the different machine types and ways you can reroute tracks into different tracks.

2 Likes

someone post something running the desktop on top of the keys double trouble?

this thing looks great! I love the form factor and love the homage to the monomachine keys with the new additions and functionality. i’m very excited about the new assignable encoders in conjunction with ctrl-all. can’t to get my hands on one, thanks for continuing to rock with the FM heads @Elektron

2 Likes

Just to doublecheck. There is no sign that they will release a standard version (no keys or mod wheels) with separate outs like they DNK?

Would love to be able to Polychain my Digitone to the Digitone Keys. A 16 voice monster FM synth would be really cool. Fingers crossed thats a feature they can roll out. I just sent an email to their feature request email address. :grin:

1 Like

+1 Yeah, that would be awesome!

No VAT in America

Unlikely.

1 Like

Shows an advantage to the layout – with no connectors behind the keyboard section, and the narrow depth, other controls can be closely placed.

12 Likes

What kind of stand are you using for the digi siblings?

Digitone Keys and Novation Summitt and Korg Minilogue XD Modules are the three best products of Superbooth 2019
Great review and I love this quote
“With the Digitone Keys, Elektron embraces a forgotten paradigm found in its own history, and I believe this can be taken as a greater sign that any fear one would have towards Elektron’s ability to take a critical look at its past is rendered void. With the Digitone Keys, Elektron distinguishes itself by simultaneously embracing its roots and carving a new path for itself”

4 Likes

Yes, the thing is when you just see a picture of it, it looks very wide, but when you see it for real its not really that wide. Its just that its depth is so small that it makes it looks wide. Not sure that description makes any sense :smile:

12 Likes

Honestly its just an IKEA laptop stand on top of some books :smile: Someone should make a proper stand to have there…

4 Likes

Isberget or Bräda?

86cm is quite smallish.

Bräda!

1 Like