Introducing: Digitone Keys

And a depth of 18.5 cm (7.25 inches for the rest of us) with the encoders included means lots of control in a small area.

2 Likes

now we just need a digitakt bongo… some big hand drums sticking out the side. Honestly doesn’t seem like the worst idea to me.

2 Likes

haha :smiley:

Whatever works!! :slight_smile:

Might be in a minority of one here but I would have preferred a more traditional layout with the controls, screen etc behind the keys but it’s just personal preference. Bravo to Elektron for adding keys but I’ll prob just pick up another DN instead.

Yeah it does. I’m going to check it out in real life. 86cm isn’t that bad. It’s so desirable to be able to improv more with a keyboard and that many dedicated controls + the hold functionality…

Also I just realized that I could fit 2x DT+ analog heat above the DNK with the jack outputs free to use.
Damned Elektron…

3 Likes

I guess your next video will be about finding a bigger case to fit the DK ? hhh

1 Like

Just weld 'em all in place and you’ll have quite an arrangement. :laughing:
Heck of a lot of gear in a small place. Imagine we’ll be seeing pictures of a lot of variations of this soon enough.

1 Like

I think I love the layout…but it does look odd.

It puts the most creative aspects of an elektron instrument in a hand position that has been trained for tweaking. So someone’s gonna blow our minds with a really creative knob tweaking-key playing combo I suspect.

But I’d probably be almost as happy with a DN and my midi keys as well though the 8 individual outs could be an additional creative tool.

Let’s see what Dorian Concept can do with this thing. I’d be interested to see him play it

2 Likes

Can someone save me the time and tell if this has song mode added?

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

No song mode.

1 Like

I think that dude was completely content with just a microkorg

2 Likes

Digibong! We’ll call it the dong for short

Seriously though how cool would this be

14 Likes

Negative on the song mode. It gains 8 knobs and 6 additional audio outs though, as well as the keyboard, obviously.

1 Like

Are they endless encoders or potis?

From the Elektron page:

• 8 × user assignable rotary encoders

Pretty sure that Nick asked Cenk this in the video – and that they are encoders.

Please someone else correct me – i’ve made to many Superbooth rush mistakes lately.

2 Likes

Check the weight. 6kg is a hefty chunk to carry.

some people enjoy sinning… :wink:

2 Likes