Introducing Digitakt

I am excited about this machine, not because I need something like this in my set-up.

The OT and AR and AH are basically the heart of my (live) set-up, which feels ok (for now :loopy:)
The A4, Arturia Brutes and Korg Volca FM are mainly used for sound design.

So, why am I interested in the DT?
Mainly because the Norddrum 3P caught my eye…eh and ears a while ago.
I also red about other people mentioning the Norddrum 2 as a nice companion.
I really think the synth engine of the Nord and the sample engine + sequencer
from the DT could be made for each other.
Of course there are/will be load of other possibilities, but I can’t get this one out of my mind.
The pads of the Norddrum 3P are very welcome too, to add some extra playability to the AR and DT

Exciting times ahead :happy:

The Monomachine is able to live record to its midi tracks, and sequence chords. Main difference to the newer Elektron sequencers is that it quantises everything to the sequencer steps because it doesn’t have microtiming.

Elektron: Reinventing the “teaser”

7 Likes

Love that band. I never thought the rytm would collide so well with it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

will the existing elektron machines also receive the new encoders?

This DT will make a great companion to the great MnM

5 Likes

no is not

Hoping for an updated reverb + delay section to compliment my AK.
That would tick boxes for me incl. the sequencing, sample playback + OB functionality.
Pretty perfect box if it nails these items.

1 Like

This is a valid question indeed. I made the observation in another thread (for the Analog Heat):

For the DigiTakt, Elektron pinpointed, and clearly underlined it that it got new and better mechanics for the buttons and encoders, + new Oled screen etc… And adding that this will be the way forward for the new machines. So, why have they not implemented this in the Analog Heat, and even if the AH was indeed previoulsy launched 3-4 months before, does it make sense to keep two ranges of ’mechanics’ in recent products?

Yes I have made the jump to modular. But really at this stage it’s just for added voices to my AR/A4 setup, but I got a P9 case, and I could just fill it with Rings/Clouds combos because they sound so good. I might get a Braids though. Yeah we should meet up to talk modular, just PM me mate.

I got a date for Digitakt : 25/03/2017
[EDIT] Price tag tbc = 649€
[EDIT2] I meant March 25th, not June sorry.

“Cet article sera en stock le samedi 25 mars, 2017.”

Sur qu’elle plateforme de distribution ?

annoncé chez Woodbrass également https://www.woodbrass.com/synthes-boites-a-rythmes-elektron-digitakt-p237999.html

2 Likes

Hey les frenchies, would you mind speaking English on such common threads, s’il vous plaît ?
:tongue:

7 Likes

I just quoted the date from the link you provided… wich was wrong! :slight_smile:

1 Like

i still dont get the whole mono/stereo thing. so its gonna record and load samples in mono like the AR and then we can use the stereo effects to spatialise our “stereo” tracks? sorry for being dumb, it might be a language thing. cheers from berlin

yeah. thanks a lot. i forgot to mention the panning options, but was aware of them.