Introducing Digitakt

Resampling?

Can you load and/or record stereo samples, and maybe assign them to two tracks to maintain their stereo integrity?

1 Like

Thank you for clearing that up - with just minimal sampling machines, and no synth engine, it’s not a machine I am interested in and I will invest elsewhere. But all the best with the release.

1 Like

64 mb needs to be shared across 1 project, 8 banks, 8 tracks, 128 patterns (assuming it uses the same project, bank, pattern structure as other recent devices).
So yes you could use 64 mb for one sample in 1 project, but you wont be playing too much else for that project if dedicating the full amount. Of course you can split down a number of ways, so possible to have a few long samples combined with many short.
I hope there is an easy way to assess individual project sample file storage and loading, to assist with this process.

2 Likes

You can load, say, a 64MB samplechain into your project. You can then use that sample freely on all 8 tracks, as it won’t eat up any more of your memory. And there shouldn’t be any problem with using a left channel-sample on one track, and a right channel-sample on another track - and hard pan them to their respective channels in the hardware, if you should want to.

1 Like

I’d rather have both, plus OB but YMMV

2 Likes

Very happy to learn you can midi sequence chords!

2 Likes

Assuming there is no synthesis capability being added to the Digitakt, @Ess said there are more details to come. What ‘yet to be revealed’ features do you think could be in the pipeline?

Elektron have pretty much enhanced their sequencer with additional features with every new generation of device, maybe we’ll see some additions here, such as play direction / modes perhaps? Either that, or some sample or drum specific processing features that have not made an appearance on previous Elektrons - What useful additions could be added in these areas?

Can you clarify if the sequencer will be able to record a played sequence as the A4/AK does or only step entry as the legacy models? If just step mode, is that something that would maybe change? For me that would make this so next level for my needs! I have been eyeing up an Engine for sequencing but the DT will be about the same price with most of the same functions. With these new details I will be hard pressed to find a reason to not buy one.

Oh, one more question, micro timing? Both for the samples and midi tracks?

Thanks for the digitakt clarity. Looks pretty cool but I’m set with OT for now. Excited to hear you talk about ‘big’ stuff too :slight_smile:

Be interesting to see how the above quote pans out over next year or so. Might turn out to be an unnecessarily archaic/expensive way of thinking if things can be just as solid/tactile/deep (or more so) and cheaper by taking the devil’s road…

I’ve never had any crashes on my AK/OT so you guys have obvs been doing some super clever stuff under the hood over the years and I’m sure will continue to do so, no complaints from me :slight_smile: But be interested to see how the ‘computers in shiny cases’ fare for stability/feel/performance etc once they’re out in the wild. Still every chance they could be a buggy unstable mess but I’ll reserve judgement til they’re in people’s hands. I’m not a coder/programmer so it doesn’t really interest me what’s inside a digital box, as long as it works. To me, in my ignorance, they’re all ‘computers inside a box’. Bonus if it’s good value on top tho…

1 Like

Maybe a new reverb algorithm with be introduced?

1 Like

With a “state of the art” reverb button! Can’t wait.

3 Likes

Sounds similar to octatrack, which some people say is not enough

Sounds like the Electribe done right. And it wasn’t all wrong to begin with. Damn, I’m excited.

On AR I think you can have reverse if End value is lower than Start.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for communicating some solid information !

Pretty cool to learn about sample (sound ?) locks, it makes the little box far more than 8 tracks, in a way :smiley:

Wonder about arps, hope one can plock them as well… I really love what one can do with MM arps on drums !

Thought I wasn’t that interested but nothing like liable intel to get me excited again !!

Did someone take a picture of the rear ?

Sequencer play direction, not sample.

Forward (obviously), reverse, pendulum etc

3 Likes

Ok ! Reverse samples are enough for me.
Sequencers exemples for reverse ?
Pyramid ?
Edit. In fact it can be interesting to play a reverse sequence to record audio you would play reversed after.

1 Like

I found this one

4 Likes

That would be cool indeed, various play modes for the sequencer per track.
Reverse, Speed, Random etc.

3 Likes