Introducing Digitakt

There. I’ve put all my stuff up for sale now. I’m going all DigiTrak.

Smart. Letting go of Rytm means letting go of so much that Digitakt won’t be able to do.

Compressor, p-lockable FX track, master distortion, scenes, performance macros, 8 voices as 12 tracks, 10 analog outputs, juicy analog filters and VCAs, all those different analog synth machines (especially since OS 1.30). Combined, these are most of the Rytm MOJO.

Without these features, such a device would need some other mojo of its own, like an 8 track midi sequencer with trig conditions, realtime sampling and resampling, and a smaller footprint, and a price tag much, much less… Hmmmm.

1 Like

That’s great when you can feed it something loud enough but there’s too many instruments that are not.

If the Digitakt is designed as a “companion” piece, I think it would be wise to at least wait until more details regarding what it will actually be capable of doing along with when it will actually be released are available before selling your stuff for it.

1 Like

Nah. I’m all in. I’m certain that this is the golden combo of features and workflow for me.

I’m not that smart, tho. So there’s that, I suppose.

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Ad hominem, doesn’t belong in digitakt thread

I’m interested in one if it has the right features. It took us days to figure out it doesn’t offer drum synthesis. I literally cannot form an opinion.

1 Like

It took us days to accept it didn’t have a feature Elektron never said it had, though free-form speculation did what it could to ignore the writing on the brochure.

1 Like

Another theory of mine is that the sample editing features will be extremely limited, just like the RYTM. Maybe in order to fully edit sounds, you’ll still have to do it outside of the box, and transfer them back. I can’t figure out why a simple thing like the ability to fine-tune sample starting points hasn’t been implemented into the RYTM after all these years.

Ultimately, I feel the Digitakt will be simplified as much as possible. I think it’s considered a drum machine rather than a sampler because there are plans on creating a ton of drum sample sets you can buy from Elektron to change its drum machine vibe depending on users’ specific needs.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ad hominem, doesn’t belong in digitakt thread

Some more things I thought about were the workflow. There was a point when I was quite enthusiastic about the possible workflow the Digitakt might be able to offer, but then I realized only being able to handle mono samples will greatly affect this potential. I don’t know if it will offer resampling, but if you aren’t able to resample a pattern with all your sounds mixed and panned the way you like to a new stereo sample, that would totally eliminate a possible type of workflow that I find extremely useful. Also, as previously mentioned, if the sample editing process is limited or not streamlined, that can make all the difference. I need to see how these types of things are ultimately going to be implemented because to me, the main appeal of the Digitakt will be the possibility of a smooth/speedy, fun-to-use workflow.

2 Likes

cenk mentioned it can resample. hopefully the guys doing it seamless. pick a blank machine and just record and loop over and over without any time signature.

That must mean the resampled sample can only be mono though I’m assuming.

From everything l’ve seen it leads me to believe it’s very much like AR sample playback with the ability to sample. Nothing more. Who knows? I’m excited to see what it can do with overbridge and midi. The midi sequencer can sequence a much more powerful sampler like simpler in Ableton. Maybe a digital synth version is on the horizon with the same midi features? That would be more appealing for me.

1 Like

The effects and the sounds out of overbridge will be stereo tho, right?

lol I literally have no idea. But I think it’d be safe to assume so.

I hope you can pan mono samples at least.

2 Likes

Great point, Gene.
My various Samples From Mars multi-sampled synth libraries would benefit greatly from such sequencing.

1 Like

That most certainly will be in the amp page. Theres no pic of the amp page yet.

There is : :content:

1 Like