Introducing Digitakt

nice try, hehehe - if only the OLED Digitakt wasn’t such higher resolution, you’d have had us fooled.

I expect the AMP page on Digitakt to be similar to the Rytm page you have pictured above.

Maybe not on the OVR parameter yet , though Cenk said “maybe” they could add that as a digital overdrive.

I certainly doubt PAN will be omitted.

2 Likes

So overdrive is an effect after the filter, not implemented into the filter? I would have preferred a digital filter that is modeled to saturate like on the new Nord Lead synths.

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

damn, had me fooled. I feel like a chump now

It does make me appreciate the greater detail of the newer screens, especially on the parameter position indicators (or as a friend of mine calls them - the “knob pointy things”)

Not owning an Analog Heat, I hadn’t yet appreciated that.

2 Likes

This has probably already been discussed, but what do “FIN,” “BR,” and “SMP” stand for? I’m guessing FIN is fine tune (it would be nice if it were fine-tune starting point), I’m hoping BR is bit-reduction, and SMP is sample-rate reduction (I doubt I’m right about this one).

SMP = “sample select”

2 Likes

Wow, if BR is bit rate I’m so in!THis thing is going to sound so sweet if I give a voice on my AK up for it. Having bit reduction be that prominent really does make sense if they are promoting a Heat pairing.

Sunday Sleuthing is fun.

So I was looking at photos of the unit on display at NAMM, and noticed that some of the function labels on the physical display unit have been updated for the official product photo.

added: Save Prj, Direct
positions moved: Reload, Delay, Reverb.

(click on image for high res version)

Moving the Reload label to the NO button is more in line with kit reload on A4/AK, so this is great to see.

Also, hadn’t noticed before, but the Level knob has a Sound Browse function as well. Nice.

3 Likes

Looking at that screenshot makes me wonder what other playback settings will be available.
Maybe the old fwd-bwd will appear-raeppa…

OT & DT & Mixer

a nice setup for the live-minded people

well, we don’t know it by now, maybe there is an option like on the OT on a ‘hidden’ page

I’ll be surprised if the DT has time stretching.

Sorry, it was not intended, just speculating with AR again…:ecstatic:

2 Likes

Loopy HD got time stretch!

iam staying rytm! elektron should update its FX and the sampler with loop on/fwd/bwd/rnd feature for quick access.

nothing compares on the market right now I think but digitakt got me thinking about changing the machine but iam going to add it to the rytm and will be prepared for years of learning but handling!

DigiTone would be really nice. same concept but with pre installed Synthengines…maybe it’s coming! would be an easy task to spray it differently at this early stage.

btw. i noticed that you can sequence the rytm externally and use just its trigless trigs on top.
nice for finger drumming.

Yeah! Did also remind me of Yamaha SU200 when DT was unveiled, styling seems kinda retro 90’s early 2k vibe. Looks more like a Roland or Yamaha product at first glance. Not a bag thing, or a good thing… just an observation.

1 Like

The screen tech doesn’t seem to have defined the resolution of the Characters or Lines - looks like a near identical PPI to current screens to me, just better contrast/viewing angle

Try a shot of the screen with more diagonals on parameters.

Also, compare circle resolution. Arch/angle on the top of “A” in the Digitakt’s “STA” vs the Rytm’s blocky “A” in “ATK”

Yep, maybe is higher - possibly looks like they were just using old code, but it’s still a lowish PPI (not that I’m too bothered either way) … it looks like the same width, but it maybe has the OT depth, so I’m still not convinced the PPI is significantly or even better than older boxes

Compare that circle with a bigger-radius rendered circle on the OT and it’s in the same ballpark imho

1 Like

it’s gonna be a long 3 months :expressionless: