Introducing Digitakt

My Sweetwater guy said “hey, did you receive that $4 cable connector okay?”,

by phone,

regarding a tracked package.

Every

Time.

7 Likes

Same. I’m like thanks for being so diligent about making sure the power adapter I ordered for my Minilogue arrived ok. Definitely, deserve every ounce of commission on that one.

1 Like

Meanwhile, he made me go through another person and play phone tag with them to replace a $6 cable that was bad (and i’m like 20-year customer)

1 Like

I’m just gonna be like “take care of basehead first, THEN call me last, bruh!”

5 Likes

My SW rep said they won’t be shipping theirs out until the end of June

That may be a second batch release. My sw rep said possible end of may. However, I did an unofficial preorder the day after it was announced at NAAM. He did say there was a very long waiting list behind me. I bug him often about this too. Good people over there, they’re doing what they can to keep their customers informed as Elektron informs them.

Yeah, that’s what they told me, but I still paid for one :wink:

12 Likes

my Sweetwater guy is Ben.
from what i understand, theyll ship it when they get it, and then, ill have it. in other words, once i have it, itll be here, and not there, or in sweden. but that was a month ago, so ill have to confirm that. its possible they may send the manual in print form by mail first.

1 Like

Far as I can see Simon was saying yes to OB, not a sample management application.
Again there’s confusion simply due to elektrons Comms issues

It’s actually the reason I won’t place an order with Sweetwater. Did it once, and it’s been a phone call twice a year to see if I’m looking to spend any money and if they can help loosen my grip. Really, they could solve it with a check box that asks if you want a rep.

2 Likes

Just checked with my music dealer here in Japan. Digitakt is sold out through the end of June here in Japan, future shipments after that are unknown.

He also said that Akai has given no info about when the MPC Live will be available here in Japan. Bummer.

1 Like

Same situation as Aus

I dont mind sweetwater, they seem to be the least dishonest music store out there. Its ok to tell them no I dont have any money to spend and they are going to get over it. Its not personal, and I think that for the few purchases Ive thrown their way I get pretty good treatment…

Musicians Friend just changed their ship date from the 29th to the 24th of May. Hopefully that means something…

GASing like a boss!

I called around and found a shop in Japan that still had one slot open on their first round of reservations! I was told that Elektron initially told them late May, but are now saying it could be pushed back to early June. Anyway, I am locked in! I’ve never preordered on something before I’ve seen the final specs, but it’s such a beautiful instrument that I don’t want to have to wait! I’m really excited to have my first Elektron.

Edit: the shop just called me back and can’t confirm I’m in for the first round until Thursday. Fingers crossed. :frowning:

1 Like

Can I just confirm. If I want to sequence four units without midi thru (three Volcas and a sampler), the Midi Solutions Quadra Thru is my best option? I’m seeing that some devices don’t send enough power to run it. The Kenton Midi Thru 5 is powered and adds an extra through for the same price (here in Japan). Perhaps that’s the better option. Any advice?

Yeah, gear4music. ETA was mid June when I ordered but website now showing early June. So I’m assuming, if true, that they’re not going to send new orders out before early orders. Who knows? :slightly_smiling_face:

my ‘guess’ about why some things don’t send enough power is due to the lack of a standard for the 3.5mm jack - DIN Midi connection that is popular on a lot of these small portable units. I have a few devices that expect to use power over midi and they won’t work with all 3.5mm midi connectors… but they always work when connected to something with a DIN out (like my Octatrack for example) . so i would ‘guess’ the DT will power the Midi Solutions fine. (i power a midi solution dual footpedal unit)

there’s a good CDM article on the minijack midi issue. http://cdm.link/2015/08/used-stereo-minijack-cables-midi/

1 Like