Introducing Digitakt

It’s not mentioned because its still half-baked and unclear. I just can’t get over the fact that it says in bold lettering digital drum computer.

1 Like

I thought that also but then realized that track 9-16 is designated for midi.

1 Like

Finally, we have adapted that into the MIDI tracks

• Cenk on Trig conditions

Just let that sink in, guys…

:elot:

:aw:

3 Likes

Now’s elektron’s big chance to have the digitakt receive SDS … FROM THE OCTATRACK!!!

‘SEND SLICES TO TARGET’ IN THE OT AUDIO EDITOR !!!

Also sends to RYTM.

Go on, elektron I dare you :smile_cat: It’ll make you double famous

The poor Octatrack is like the typical eldest sibling. All the new babies have gotten better toys to play with, yet the eldest was always the best child. Show it some love.

2 Likes

you cant really blame them - there is a much wider market for bite-sized devices like this nowadays

also, plenty of people knocked them in the past for being “too complicated” and all that… as always, a little dumbed down goes a long way

2 Likes

Synth engines seem like a given based on the labelling of trigs 1-8. Such specific labels would be pretty silly on a sample specific machine. :content:

4 Likes

Makes you wonder was there no way they could have crammed conditional trigs in to OT somehow in an update tho? This box is a lot of dough to drop just to be able to get conditional trigs on OT :confused:

1 Like

What do you get if you cross an OT, an MD, a RYTM and delete all the best parts out of them?

6 Likes

Yes, totally agree with you and here’s to anticipating OT update with this before April :champagne: :totes:

Amazing conclusion, you did a big effort. Now have a rest, a long one.

3 Likes

Elektron have stated only bug fix updates for OT hereon in.

1 Like

Well, sometimes there’s a thin line between CR and new requirement :wink:

Yeh, without onboard drum synth it does seem a lot like that…

The labelling makes complete sense if you buy the machine and it comes pre-loaded with appropriate samples on each pad and official kit packs lay out the sounds per the labels.

Just because you can load other samples that don’t correspond to the labels doesn’t mean the pad names don’t have a use. It doesn’t mean there are drum synthesis machines per pad, and as far as I know elektron have not said anything about synthesis - it is just user speculation.

RYTM’s labels don’t restrict the samples you can load to the pads.

Yeah I know. Sucks pretty hard :wink:

wait, where’s that granular ambient box they’d teased me?

4 Likes

Wow! I used the Ocatrack as midi sequencer and as a one-shot drum machine, so the Digitakt would be perfect for my setup! Too bad they dropped the scenes and crossfader but I´ll wait until we know more details, maybe other cool features will be announced. I really hope it fits the other Elektron´s measurements and looks nice next to an OT or MD.

There was some activity in OT OS beta-testers area during autumn, so there could be maybe something more than just bug fixes. Dunno.

4 Likes

Maybe the pad labelling makes sense with sample browsing/tagging? Like an easy way to access all the samples you tag ‘kick’… Just Shortcut buttons? Drum synth would be great but can’t imagine them not mentioning it?

That makes sense.

IF there are synthesis machines then the digitakt is extraordinarily good value … literally too good to be true as a next gen MD for 1/2 the price you’d expect.

Even without synthesis machines, it does make a lot of sense as a very nice Octatrack sidekick though, as someone else mentioned: Free up the 8 Octatrack tracks from single hit drum duties and allow it focus on the longer samples, musical loops and mangling.