Introducing Digitakt

class :sunglasses:

Black Lotus? The Silents? Others?

1 Like

That is great to hear.

Are there any firmware improvements / enhancements / inventions that will be making their way from the Digitakt to other existing hardware?

2 Likes

What about rec trigs, quantized rec, track select in order to use DT as a LOOPERā€¦?

Is it possible to place trigs before recording ?

Adjust the loop sample with microtimer is da only possibilty i guess

Adjust the loop sample with microtimer is da only possibilty i guess

I pre-ordered over a month ago with G4M but the due date with them has been put back to mid June :frowning: Thomann says mid May. if I cancel my G4M order and go with thomann would I still get thomanns initial batch would u think? is it worth the gamble?
Iā€™m guessing G4M arenā€™t getting elektrons 1st batch maybe but I dunno.

1 Like

If you preordered from Elektron then you are the priority and will get a Digitakt by May. The rest that preordered from retailers and shops, will get theirs later than May, maybe mid June.

Simon told me that half of the 1st batch go to shops and half is for elektron direct sales. he didnā€™t know which shops got the 1st batch tho. itā€™s a mystery :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does anyone know if its possible to connect the DT to any iOS device trough the camera kit, just like many other DACs and sample digitally? basically the DT would be used as a sound card of the iOS or Androidā€¦ That would be killer!

Ah, then I might be lucky, being a Gothenburger and all. My dealerā€™s only getting two (of which one is mine) but he seems pretty certain on his first half of May delivery date.

1 Like

If you donā€™t get per track scale it seems you should be able to trigger your external 8 bar loops with a conditional trig that plays the first out of every two pattern cyclesā€¦

I have a glimmer of hope that the DT could lead to even more polarization of Elektron gear. With a quick and simple solution on one end perhaps the other side could be even more complex than before. From Simonā€™s hints I think we can expect something of at least similar complexity to the current gen, eventuallyā€¦
A device that warrants lab coats and goggles and perhaps a cipher to interpret the manual would be the syrup on my wafflesā€¦
I do expect a few more smallies in the meantime, could take awhileā€¦
I appreciate the DT and think it looks fabulous for what it isā€¦

I think this is a first on the forum, you should get some kind of prizeā€¦

2 Likes

i will give it a tryā€¦love my op-1 sample mode, and the digitakt is some evolutionsteps furtherā€¦

Thanks for your answers, no fx tracks, do not know right now if that could be a miss, but I bet it will shine in every other way as far I have seen now from the demos and my experience with other :3lektron: machines.

Those demos from Superbooth with these synth samples, whoah! Sounds really good, especially that filter. I already started to create some samples, Mini&Microbrute/A4/Korg Volca FM, this DT already has caused some foreplay here :loopy

Canā€™t hardly wait until it arrives at my doorstep, hopefully somewhere in May.

Also :thup: for the new display and graphics (for example the distortion with its spikes) as I understood from one of Cenkā€™s demos your created these, am I rigth? Good job!!!

2 Likes

Sadly no, our driver is not class compliant.

2 Likes

I love how the the folks who preordered show almost a guilty pleasure vibeā€¦
Itā€™s like you quit smoking but had oneā€¦ :wink:

DT looks great :slight_smile: Nice job on the new UI. And the new transpose algo sounds really impressive from vids.

Wondering if it has any kind of slots mode/pad banks? Not a dealbreaker either way just hoping Iā€™ll have access to more than the 8 track samples without menu diving/scrolling?

1 Like

I admit it, I was pissed off with the way information trickled out and by no means do I need this thing, with the black trinity already in the basement. So yes, guilty pleasure kind of fits.

2 Likes