Good news, DT is stereo. :grinning:
Bad news, only 4 tracks, and mono resampling.:tired_face:
:grin:
With 8 Stereo tracks, DT is another storyā€¦

1 Like

100% agree we donā€™t know the workflow button combinations among other things
Iā€™m not gonna pre-order until I see how it works period

1 Like

if everyone would be like you, companies could sell stuff without even making it :smiley: just kiddin, i get your point. i pre ordered it too, but i still stay pedestrian because: I once trusted Elektron blindly with the Rytm and was very disappointed at first! So much money, so less possibilities compared to the MD. I therefore dont expect anything else than the feature list says. It could have soul, but i dont count on it :wink: Expect the least - that way you cannot get disappointed in the end.

1 Like

Iā€™m still prophesizing a hard panned double track recorder trig synced workaroundā€¦

Iā€™m sort of naive that way. But ignorance is bliss, as they - whoever they are - say.

1 Like

It will be possible, for sure, even if you have to record twice and keep 2 hard panned tracks for ā€œmix bounceā€.

1 Like

Yep. No news about rec trigs ?

I can neither confirm nor deny anythingā€¦ Only prophesizeā€¦

1 Like

I still donā€™t understand why 8 stereo sample players in 2017 is a problem. This technology is decades old and long ago devices did itā€¦ and itā€™s peanuts cpu/dsp-wise to do even double the processing the digitakt will be doing. They are using incredibly underpowered components I guess because Iā€™m sure they know itā€™s not difficult. Itā€™s not an issue of complexity in that case either. A sample player becomes far less interesting to every single producer when it doesnā€™t support stereo filesā€¦

I guess they can get around this by saying itā€™s a ā€˜drum computerā€™ and most people would want to use drums mono but you can be sure the demos will sequence lots of non drum soundsā€¦ hell even the in-browser ā€˜demoā€™ did.

2 Likes

Well, Iā€™ve got several samplers that are stereo but have no panning capability. This plays mono samples out on a stereo field with proper panning.
Kinda ironic reallyā€¦

Called Bax to ask if the estimated time on the website was accurate.

The guy on the line said that the system says they expect to have them in stock next week.

Obviously I asked is that info came from the supplier(as in elektron) and he said yes.

So not sure if its actually true

haha

1 Like

wondering if there will be loop chopping options, not time stretching so much, something more like a loop slicing option for a tricky kind of loop retiming without warping.

I think there will be some serious loop trickery on the DT.
I think thatā€™s why it is mono samples, avoids headaches with crossfading algos and all manner of zero point glitching issues.

7 Likes

Iā€™m thinking so too. Itā€™s so much easier to mix mono over stereo anyways. I know I shouldnā€™t but I have money saved up just in case.

3 Likes

No audio slice confrimed. I think you could always use sample chains though.

2 Likes

Iā€™m wondering if anyone has an update on the development of the DT/AR sample transfer app.
could elektron chime in here - itā€™s been a while since we have heard anythingā€¦
Is there a release date?

I donā€™t think that Elektron has stated an expected release date for this new app.

It seems improbable that it would be released before the Digitakt starts shipping in May.

2 Likes

Mono is fine by me, I record and sample in mono anyway. Everything is panned in the DAW for mastering. When sampling a stereo source into the DT you would have to feed it one channel at a time to maintain its stereo image I assume.

2 Likes

I figured out the the stereo dilemma. Get two DTs

13 Likes

Yes with off-center loop :thup:

1 Like