Introducing Digitakt

I’m worried we’ll never see a midi sequencer with conditional trigs & per track scale.

:heat:Elektron took the lead :heat:

I don’t agree. There are 3 very interesting posts in this thread. Find them ! :grin:

4 Likes

Has Elektron said how many drum kits are included on the Digitakt? On the product page it just says “loads” of kits. I’ll probably get one, but curious about more details.

Loads is actually an official S.I. unit, it equates to …
"Integer: more than five, but less than you hoped"
:wink:

8 Likes

Well blow me down and pick me up again!
My cousin has just sold me his DT pre-order!
He was going to cancel due to some Tuesday.Wednesday.And.Thursday (twat) stiffing him on some free lance biz-niz and thought he’d swing it my way first just in case.
It would be rude not to accept as I’m just looking for an excuse to hit the DTrain!

Thanks dude!

I’m ooooooon the platform now waiting for this transporter!
Yes!

2 Likes

I’m well fizzed up now!

True enough, but I think Elektron’s idea of entry level is not the same as other companies idea of entry level :wink:

1 Like

Hey whats up Leptic, sorry for late reply, I’m just learning to get around here, its different than the usual forums. Glad to see familiar faces around.

What kind of variations like triplets, swing, double, triple, quadruple notes, during the recordings?

Is recording step by step and realtime

Or realtime TR mode only ?

Thanks

Sorry, I have no info, just the Elektron folks and anyone else in the circle of trust [I’m with Greg] :wink:

5 Likes

I dont think it was ‘made’ to be an entry level device. They say it ‘can be’ entry level for those that cant afford the $1k+ of the others. This is a very Unique piece, It does ‘more’ that AR and OT in some aspects. This is the unit people like me have been waiting for…and I own AR/OT. Its a Software Drum Machine without the computer! The cost is low cause its not full of all those expensive analog parts. At least I hope this is the case.

1 Like

I assume it will have all the best (main) features of AR and OT as far as sequencing goes+more. Its basically a Software Drum machine without the computer… I think it fills the gap on what people where looking for when they bought AR (but where let down) …I need a hardware equivalent to Geist2, hope this comes close!

1 Like

Rememnber though… its not BUILT as an Entry Level, They just suggest that based on the price. Its different. Of course its not gonna cost as much as the hefty AR or OT… its digital. So’s your computer;)

1 Like

A tip for any Canucks on the board. Preorder from L&M is just a fully refundable deposit away! I ordered and know I can return it easily with minimum loss(none really if I just choose to demo it in the store and they won’t bring it in otherwise)

I’m very interested to try this out. I have my eye on the SE Engine and really the DT is adding a sampler on top for only about $100 CAD.

1 Like

Those buttons look great. Anybody know if they have velocity control in them?

It seems confirmed, by others in this thread, that the buttons do look great and might feel even greater, but that they are not velocity sensitive–but I also think a lot of us are hoping that there is some way to control velocity that is fluid or that can get a similar result to what would be possible if the buttons were velocity sensitive. (Guessing, I think there will be ways to control velocity–just not by hitting the buttons softer or harder.)

2 Likes

If you are looking for a hardware equivalent for Geist, I think the MPC Live will be a more appropriate box. The DT will really be it’s own thing. I’m currently wrestling with this conundrum. The DT is going to be the first Elektron box since the Sid that I haven’t bought as soon as I possibly could. I WANT it so badly but I think the MPC may fill the hole in my setup better. I’m going to have to wait until they have been out in the wild for a bit before I can choose. It’s an unexpectedly emotional decision for me

3 Likes

I don’t get it.

I am waiting for mineAnd I look forward to the first video on the digitakt in action.
The audios treatments in works Maybe the answers to my questions were be put into practiceThe grids variations like triplets, swing, double, triple, quadruple notes, during the recordings?What are they???which the kind of recording step by step and realtime
Or realtime TR mode onlyVelocity pusherz :heat:and ,speeding “rec” templates memories

:loopy:

I think tomorrow we’ll see something from System Exclusive, plus there’s always SuperBooth :sunglasses: