Introducing Digitakt

still dont understand if it will be possible to use parameter locking without triggering??
and hope we will be able to choose which track will be sample in internal sampling mode

any idea?

there are trigless locks :+1:
dunno about resampling specifics yet, tho you can just mute unwanted tracks - resample - unmute - done.

1 Like

yeah… but you cant do those things in live performance…

P-locked program change + micro timing + conditional trigs = using a MIDI channel and a midi cable plumbed from DT out into DT in to make a new kind of song mode.

B0h!!!

3 Likes

short video from thaviusbeck: https://www.instagram.com/p/BUImAzcFB-I

6 Likes

I would love it if Digitakt would incorporate musical scales to it’s chromatic mode. Heres how it could work:

• default is chromatic mode like it is currently
  • hold down “chromatic”-button to access scale settings (saved per pattern)
  • choice of key and scale can be made on the screen
  • release to save settings for the current pattern
  • fit two octaves on the 16 buttons (alternatively it could just black out the notes that are off key, this could be a setting as well?)

This would help composition/playing immensely on the small “keyboard” and make so much sense when sequencing external midi gear. Plus it wouldn’t make anything more complicated.

4 Likes

Just gotta point out that it’s not a beta unit, or a beta test. It’s a production unit with a production OS. Not sure why the person posting wrote that it’s a beta test.

12 Likes

DT sounds super close to release :boom:

so are they are purchase units then?

how about: reviewers

2 Likes

JUST SHIP EM’! :wink:

3 Likes

Uh, so can we know more about the “master” yet, or is still not time to let us common folk know for some reason beyond our comprehension?

3 Likes

well said, i don’t see the point sending review units out to get a few dodgy camera phone vids

word.

Anyone got some video from this event:

digitakt demonstration in Gøteborg

Now that I know you can assign multiple midi tracks to a single midi channel…
Polyrhythmic melodies will be rad :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They didn’t write that… I just assumed. That’s great news though!

If there’s production units out there, hopefully we’ll get a manual soon. :slight_smile: I’ve never been so excited by the prospect of an instruction manual.

2 Likes

So Elektron’s first batch is loose on the streets already😀

Simon, can you confirm what the resale policy will be for Overbridge Premium - if I decide to resell my DT, can I sell / transfer my OB Premium licence to the new owner? Is the license locked to the DT or the computer and if it is the latter, how many activations are available to OB Premium customers?