Introducing Digitakt

They’re soooon different bro. You’re pulling similarities that could be said of any boxes with multiple tracks :wink: I’d love to have DT sequencer added to Op1 and everything cool about OP1 added to DT. But alas…

I’m not looking for obstacles, especially when there’s so much other gear out there that has a song mode. I’m trying to understand why a company would make such a beautiful machine and then cripple it by ommitting a key feature. I’m also waiting to see if their new pattern chain 2.0 is going to solve these issues.

1 Like

on the OP-1 comparison side-topic…
Would be something else if Elektron offered an add on lithium battery, that just sat underneath the DT like a shoe, similar to a phone case with battery built in.
I would pay $150 for 10 hours of battery powered DT fun.

7 Likes

Since they both have midi over usb, they’d pair well

They should design some kind of adjustable clamp case battery which could be used across all their boxes. But shhhh, let’s not beckon them to throw more dev time at non OT2/new big boxes (with batteries inside…) :wink:

2 Likes

perhaps some entrepreneur out there can figure out a way to make this one work in a different enclosure, compatible with Elektron enclosures

It would give 14 hours battery to A4 or AR, and 17+ hours to DT

back on topic: DT’s size is just itching for such a 3rd party add-on

9 Likes

yep +1, Id love that :slight_smile:

[quote=“Vldsls_Drkwlya, post:4739, topic:35326”]
Next thing, somebody will tell me I shouldn’t play the Keys. I know a lot of people write exclusively 4/4 groove music, and maybe it’s not a big deal if the drum pattern changes a bar late if you miss a switch cue. I don’t do that, I have a pattern of 7/8 going into a pattern of 19/8 and if I miss that cue, the song is messed up from there on.[/quote]

This is a cereal vs. milk argument. No one is telling you that you shouldn’t use the AK. The creation of the Digitakt doesn’t mean you have to abandon the AK. That’s great that you wrote some songs, but does that mean that the DT must conform to your time signatures? Have you coaxed any sampler into doing exactly what you desire? If so, why not stick with that?

1 Like

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/503090-REG/Tekkeon_MP3450_MP3450_myPower_ALL_Universal.html

it’s sad that the takkeon is no longer available. it’s what i use to power the AR/MnM/and soon to be DT.

1 Like

Someone posted this a couple of weeks back… It’s only half the battery-life, but still seems like a sweet option. https://chargetech.com/product/portable-power-outlet/

2 Likes

Yes, a musical instrument must conform to the desires of the person using it. And yes a Yamaha Rs7k handles my drums and samples, the only reason I would consider something else is because it’s getting a bit long in the tooth. Weird how an instrument from 2006 has the best sequencer, but then again even an Alesis Sr-16 has song mode.

No they’re not musical instrument tycoons.

1 Like

wow, that’s humongous!

My mind is blown, also. If you have something that works, why would you spend time disparaging something that probably won’t?

Also: If you are proficient with a an Rk7000, what exactly is your reluctance in upgrading to an OT?

2 Likes
2 Likes

anyone know does digitakt got 1 shot trigs or something so you can have for example a really long sample or a granular-style start point lfo sample playing in the background not being affected by the patterns 4 bar limit?
:slight_smile:

i don’t know there’s different types of trigs, we shall see…

There’s a really good tutorial in Japanese, with Russian subtitles. :thup:

2 Likes

Doubt it, but A conditional trig with modulus 1:8 would bridge the gap somewhat. That’s 32 bars.

4 Likes

Ah sweet of course, I forgot about conditionals (sorry it was a silly question, it’s been a long day n my brain stopped working there) :slight_smile:
yea that’s exactly what I was after :slight_smile: