Introducing Digitakt II

My constitution is eroding away. I was like “this is cool, but not interested”

Then “but it WOULD be cool to have that…”

Then I started imagining owning it, which is the goal every salesman tries to implant in a prospect

7 Likes

Was really hoping from the press verbiage that the fx were sequencable, but doesn’t seem like they are. Really hope they add some control machines for the fx like on MD.

1 Like

I bought one but no high speed usb-c or at least wifi is a joke. Transfer speeds were painful when the +Drive was only 1GB. It’s 20GB now.

1 Like

Yeah but you spit at kids at the zoo too.

As a Llama

10 Likes

Its a bad day to be out of likes :grinning:

13 Likes

Careful what you wish for the white screens have had a fatal flaw. Not limited to Syntakt. Unknown if fixed for digitakt 2:

Anyone buying digitakt 2 should keep an eye out for these lines

2 Likes

Yeah, they do seem to have more reported problems, but it could be batch or manufacturer related rather than the actual colour. i.e it might just be a particular brand of white screen used, rather than all white screens. My OTs are fine after a few years still, but have seen others with problems.

1 Like

me too. I would specifically love to see the comb filters

1 Like

Congrats @Elektron crew.

I personally would have loved to have polyphony on a few of the tracks on this new Takt but 16 monophonic tracks is quite nice. I’m still waiting for my dream sampler!

3 Likes

Lol!!

I lack the technical understanding of why something could be so slow in 2024 so I was just keeping my mouth shut :zipper_mouth_face:. Seems very weird to me.

Can you slice and rearrange the L and R channels independently? I’m upgrading right now if so :grinning:

same here the yellow screen on my Digitone and AH are way easier for me than the white text of the other Elektrons. Easier in light or dark conditions for my eyes to focus on without straining.

4 Likes

When I pre-ordered in store just after the release video dropped, they said they had X amount at their main warehouse in Toronto. So, it seems that they’re already at Long and McQuade. Now, it’s just waiting for them to ship. In my experience , shipping from Toronto warehouse to Winnipeg takes a little over a week. I expect mine to arrive first week of May.

1 Like

I’m not saying we don’t get overcharged.

But consider the 10% GST and probably other import duties and shipping costs too. So the overcharge is probably closer to $100AUD than $300AUD…

I ordered ST directly from Elektron day one in the US and it was here in a few days.

1 Like

Not clear why this involves more parameter locks per step. Only one step is processed at a time, so would seem like a memory issue.

Good info, thanks.

I just “preordered” one from Perfect Circuit here in the US and the confirmation email said “in stock - available immediately!”.

I’ll update once I get a shipping notification.

With all of that said, I’ve been without an Elektron box for a few months now; while I recognize I may very well be in the early stages of GAS induced lust, I have high hopes of this becoming the hub of my setup in conjunction with my IOS devices and/or MacBook (as sound sources). Currently have an MPC Live 2, SP404MK2, K02, and a Microfreak for hardware (not counting guitar/bass gear). Feeling like something is going to have to go LOL

2 Likes

you have to cough up for a tonverk for that