Introducing Digitakt II

Lol nothing new here. We get jacked on software too when there’s no physical shipping costs involved. It is what it is…

1 Like

Can we assume that the LoopCloud feature they announced last with the Digitakt will work with the DT ][ ?

Anyone on the beta team know if this is possible with the new hardware?

1 Like

Looks good, but I guess it’s going to have the “icky sticky button” problem from humid Japanese summers, which counts me out :pensive:

6 Likes

Ditto, east coast australian climate means this is a 1800$ muck fest. No thank you.

3 Likes

Was an official release date even announced today? All Canadian retailers have their preorders open but no dates. Maybe it’s “out now” but they are in transit to retailers. When Akai announced the MPC Keys, I literally had it the same day in-store from L&M

2 Likes

As a JavaScript developer I appreciated that.

forgot all about that feature… hopefully that was a nod to tuning up the slicing capabilities of the Digitakt 2… I :pray:

2 Likes

8 pages, surely. (8 x 16 = 128)

3 Likes

Do you not have A/C? :joy: I live in Washington, DC and it’s like 90% humidity for half the year. Never had an issue.

I really thought they’d offer some solution to the polyphony issue with the Digitakt’s successor. Honestly I can’t imagine it would be that hard from an internal software perspective to provide a means to “sync” several tracks’ sounds together, so editing one edits them all except for the trig note (i.e. so each can have a different note of a chord.) That way you edit one track for sound design, not three (or however many notes are in your chord.)

4 Likes

Ordered from CTRL Mod - now that they are available directly from Elektron, think it is worth canceling to order here?

CTRL Mod says ETA of 4/30, not sure if that is accurate or not.

Just watched some videos and I am very excited for this. They have added a lot of features on my personal wishlist, along with some cool extras. Definitely looking forward to jamming on one.

And great video by @Jeanne!

3 Likes

This vgm tune is so baaaaaad :hot_face:

Just the ability to resample in STEREO to keep the FX in the recording makes this a buy for me.
Having legato and keytrack on samples is huge for me too.
And the new FX and extra LFO are cherry on top.
Oh and 10 oct keys is mega too

10 Likes

Can I get confirmation that gooey-sticky in time to come buttons are no longer used in the MK2?

Of course, strange typo.

Got to say the feature set enhancements seem really nice, and well thought out, from the simplification and refinement of accessing functions, to the new features which definitely merit it not just being called MKII.

The white screen is a huge improvement over the post hangover urine yellow :smile:

7 Likes

Ummmmm EXCUSE ME! but I LIKE the yellow urine screen! And that in NO WAY is indicative of any proclivities nor who I am AS A PERSON!

14 Likes

it has kits. that was first thing i raised an eyebrow at. finally. still won’t buy one though. :wink:

How fast does Elektron ship out preorders? Or is it up in the air? Also, for someone in the U.S. is it better to preorder from a retailer than Elektron?