Introducing Digitakt II

Preorders are open at Analogue Haven too:

https://www.analoguehaven.com/elektron/digitakt-ii

edit: and they have a working link for the manual!

3 Likes

no acidcore, no flussi, no flussicore

6 Likes

I guess DT1 will sound …vintage now?

Yeah, I would love for kits to come to the syntakt. I’m hoping due to the syntakt hardware being newer that it’s still got room under the hood for some of this stuff (eucledean seq, kits).

3 Likes

I think 128steps probably will added to all their boxes, specially when devices or connected with midi cables for pattern change between devices

2 Likes

Awesome! For folks looking for the manual link: https://www.analoguehaven.com/elektron/digitakt-ii/manual.pdf

5 Likes

Not sure when they will receive DT2s, maybe next year !

1 Like

Nice update. The new trig modes look fun. That sound pool mode with 16 trigs. I could see that being really useful. Adds a whole new option of recording sound locks in real-time. Hoping that makes it’s way over to the Syntakt eventually!

1 Like

can’t seem to load the site for the manual…
Are the FX’s per track??
That would be amazing if so, and a huge bummer if not being that it looks like sample bit rate is on the same page.

Damned. Option please !

For me it is the contrary.
If you want to record different tracks you loose their relative levels…
If you want to resample MAIN, the level won’t match…

7 Likes

12.1 EDITING THE SEND FX AND MIXER PARAMETERS
The Digitakt II’s Chorus, Delay and Reverb are send effects and are set on a pattern level. It means that all
the presets in a pattern shares the same effect settings but have individual send levels to the effects. The
Delay, Reverb, and Chorus parameters are set on their respective PARAMETER page, but their incoming
signals are set by the DEL, REV, and CHO send parameters on the FX page of each audio track.
Press [FUNC] + [FX] to access the SEND FX parameter pages, and then use the [UP]/[DOWN] keys to
navigate between the sub pages. Use the DATA ENTRY knobs A-H to change the parameters.

Damn. Ordered the mk1 2 days ago, arrived today. Looks like I’ll be returning that then.

I wonder if this will hit sales of the Digitone and syntakt as well as people expect a
Mk2??

Looks a good upgrade and pleased the price has stayed similar. It will never be perfect for everyone (so, for example, I would have loved to see the ability to replace the midi tracks with live looping tracks. A DT with 8 live looping tracks would be ultimate tool!!) but it’s pretty impressive. Well done elektron. Bad timing me!!

2 Likes

Given they advertised a Rust developer role a while back, I’m guessing it’s using R U S T :rainbow: :crab: :exploding_head: :star_struck:

1 Like

When does it come out? Am i blind?

just saw the links to manuals and download/read.

Bummer. Not a huge deal but I thought it was rev, del, chorus per track too. That would’ve been out of this world.

Regardless. Great machine. Would’ve liked two stereo ins and outs (so I could hook up Syntakt and DT individually instead of serial), but other than that, it’s pretty sweet.

1 Like

already in stock at Thomann

already available on multiple shops

Retrigs can be customized on any of the sequencer steps on the audio tracks (the retrig function is not available on the MIDI tracks). In GRID RECORDING mode, press [TRIG PARAMETERS] twice to access the RETRIG PARAMETERS page. Hold one or several [TRIG] keys and then set the desired retrig options for the trig(s).

I don’t understand why this is, but huge swing and a miss for me. Ah well, Oxi One does everything the digitakt can do sequencing wise and wayyyyyy wayyy more (for my tastes and case usage).

I should be grateful, the GAS is gone! :grin:

3 Likes
  1. :wink:

8 live looping stereo tracks : Octatrack.

6 Likes

OMG! Please Elektron, give us 128 steps on all machines!! Just do green led for 5-8…
Man I hope that’s possible. That would be a biggest game changer of all

4 Likes