Introducing Digitakt II

Or Velocity Trig mode. :content:

3 Likes

Probably the same for retro-compatibily with DT1. They would have communicate about it otherwise imho.

1 Like

one button press and a twist
oh, you’re counting the second press to close - fair point :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds very similar enough to my ears, but haven’t made a side by side comparison.

1 Like

I wanted to say thanks for teasing this explanation out and that i thought i should share it here as it might be lost on the FR topic. It’s something I hadn’t noticed until reading this now and it’s very powerful for convenient editing/performance, hopefully it’s in the manual, making great use of this right now

For example, if you were to begin with Euclidean programming of a melodic sample or midi device - it makes more sense to be able to quickly get notes in without correcting … so pressing a few blue trigs and exploiting this will get the pattern going quicker (unless you had p-locks on the regular pattern to begin with) - but the genius move is being able to do so whilst in live record mode, it will populate the trigs in a flash if you push twist … you instantly get a more musical diatonic spread rather than the default track note pulsing like a hit

this is huge for building up from scratch :thup:

19 Likes

Elektron need to tell us what this is.
All their other boxes are described above the display.
Then I will know whether I need this or not.

4 Likes

28 Likes

Is it somehow possible to load a pattern (incl. Samples) from another project?

1 Like

:smile:

1 Like

The BRR algo is different. The amp envelop placement and parameter mapping is different. The rest is the same as DT1.

8 Likes

Given the physical differences, it could not anyway, no Xfader, less ins and outs, no removable storage.

4 Likes

There was a related query about converters and the og DT’s automatic sample eq ‘bumps’ as somebody was (possibly) hearing a different ‘colour’ to the general demonstration output thus far … even hinting that the eyes (screen colour) could be swaying the ears … any changes there worth a comment ?

2 Likes

Does the random locks feature of the grid machine still works when in euclidean mode ? With a 8 notes samples chain (with a chosen scale), it would allows instant melody generation.

1 Like

I’d say so, euclidean mode is just a reorganisation of the core track trigs (if they are there)

You get a 1:1 map if EUC mode is fully populated, the more you thin it out, the more you introduce gaps to the start of the underlying ‘normal’ sequence. Think of it like stretching the right of your normal track outta vision, the rest of the steps get orientated in the order shown on EUC view, the first read blue EUC step is always the first ‘real’ trig (which is a rule, but the underlying track allows you to rotate it as though you were in GRID edit mode, so FUNC+>< are fine to reorder the ‘source’ track, but the first trig of the grid track will still be the first blue step, just that it will now be a different note from before.

So with all that in mind, i don’t see there being an issue … you just selectively look into that track and space it differently, but always in the order that the source trigs appear

2 Likes

can it sample stereo loops now ?

does it have real timestretch too ?

yes2

3 Likes

oh damn, sorry for being too lazy to look it up just now.

Thanks a bunch for answering <33

1 Like

Yeah, I hope so too, that’s why I kept my order.

it will still work if the ‘red trigs’ are laid down before hand (just as you need to do in grid mode)

e.g. laying down 16 blue euclid steps here will not act as the receiver from the command to linearly/randomly distribute slices … those trigs need to be there already, plus you need to be within the SRC page to get the YES popup to give you that option

when in EUC mode you can convert any blue trig into an underlying red trig directly by merely giving it a lock (e.g. PITCH would make sense in this case) … thereafter the SLICE distribution can be implemented within EUC mode on the SRC page

2 Likes

I think there was even a key combo to ’bake in’ all euclidian steps at once, as red trigs :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes