Introducing Analog Heat +FX

Placed my order, this is gonna be GREAT!
:heart: :3lektron: :heart:

6 Likes

Here’s a modular synth jam session processed with the AHFX.
I’m sequencing the modular with the Syntakt, 3 voices from the modular, drums and a few voices from the ST.

10 Likes

Ordered 1 today… have to wait for 7 weeks for delivering…
But no issue, it’s worth the wait :blush:

1 Like

Reading issues about -20db volume drops when on bypass…any experiences here?

2 Likes

where did you order?

Bax-shop in the Netherlands

just hoping that those who had this issue opened a ticket

Let’s leave such topic there.

2 Likes

I just realised what makes the AH+FX stand out the most from other effect units is the LFO’s. I can’t think of a device that has a multiple effects and 3 lfo’s.

All that talk about the new device got me listening to my older recordings where i used the AH. I sold it because i wasn’t using it enough and it was a set and forget type of device for me. But the tracks i made with it sounded pretty good. Especially the bass.

So i got a used AH mk1 for 420 :sunglasses: bucks from ebay yesterday. It was around the corner and 2 hours later i had it in my studio. Of course i’m missing the extra fx but i have so many pedals that i’ll have a lot of effects fun anyway. But these lfo’s… I wish all fx units had lfo’s.

I imagine with the AH+FX you could for example set all lfo’s to random and different destinations and it would create this evolving sound that never sounds the same. Kind of like what VoltageCtrlR does.
Btw he’s the perfect artist to demo the AH+FX. Everything sounds so alive here:

8 Likes

question about that; I know that the LFO’s and delay is syncable via midi, but is there also a tap tempo, or just a bpm you can set on the heat itself when you do not have another device sending clock to it?

I’ve been thinking about the requests for macro controls and sequencer on AHfX, and thought I’d share a new technique I’ve been using on Syntakt (inspired by the RMX-1000’s 1 big knob surrounded by Fx, the knob does something different to raise the intensity of each effect), that I think would adapt really well to performing dynamic Fx on the Heat Fx. One knob to control effect intensity, that’s always the same across different presets:

This is the way to set up presets to do it:

1. LFO 3 Depth 1 (93) is the one cc or on machine knob that controls effect depth/intensity: per program, it can control a program or better another LFO, which can have any two targets.
  2. LFO 3 Speed is zero, shape is Saw, lfo play mode is Synced: this lets you use the wave Phase as an attenuator for the LFO depth knob range (on machine) -127 to 127, depending on the target. At Phase zero, full saw, the LFO depth takes the full range. At phase 63 (halfway), it goes +/- 1 or 2.

If you want the One Knob to control delay feedback between 70 and 99, you can set delay feedback to 85, and LFO phase about 2/3 toward the midpoint (50ish). If you want it to control LFO2 speed multiple (to switch pumping, say, from 8th to 16th to 32nd etc), then LFO3 phase goes almost to the midpoint of the Saw, around 58ish.

On Syntakt this works with LFO 2 to control one parameter (but always with the same well tuned knob) and on Heat, each LFO has 2 targets, so there might be ways to target 2 or 3 parameters with creative LFO use (targeting LFO 2 phase)

2 Likes

Questions regarding LFOs reminds me the I struggle to understand how to get the phase of the LFO on the Heat to start in time with the down beat of my music.

I’ve got things synced and I know the LFO can be triggered when the threshold is reached in the modulation settings but…

The free running but synced LFO would be great if it was controlled by the stopping and starting of an external clock.

Or am I missing the point? :thinking:

3 Likes

On the mk1 you can set the internal bpm in the options menu. Should be possible with the AHFX too.

Poly beebo comes to mind. As many LFOs as the CPU can handle (depends on what else the patch is supposed to do), and it’s even got a port of tides by mutable instruments. Also, it has 2 stereo ins and 2 stereo outs, which I would really have liked on the AH+FX. And probably the zoia, although I haven’t tried that.

3 Likes

Norns too, as it happens, with the Pedalboard script and the Matrix mod that adds four each of freely assignable system-level LFOs, sequencers and rhythms, alongside the built-in compressor and reverb.

It’s probably not as intuitive to use as the Heat +FX and digital rather than analogue though.

4 Likes

That is absolutely the best thing about an AH. I have an AH+FX. My first AH model. I do feel it’s overpriced after using it for a week. Although, given what the price of a new AH is it’s technically not too poorly priced

The compressor is nice but I’m mainly just using the features in the HEAT section. Filter, distortion, and envelope follower. The rest I already have on the syntakt and can just route audio through that from my digitakt, which has a compressor.

I’m going to return it and just get an mk2. Will probably regret it when/if they come out with more FX in the future.

Yes indeed.
The faceplate displays the shortcut FX+MOD to access it. There you can set tempo as global or pattern, unless the box is externally synced.

2 Likes

For the price difference between a MK2 and +Fx and telling us might regret this move / swap, you probably should keep it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes the new heat also looks a lot nicer next to syntakt :wink:

2 Likes

much more relevant there and is already being discussed there, it’s potentially an oversight. We don’t need twin discussions in two topics

when you find the time please drop a copy of the memo you’ve seen stating this was a design choice ! … if it was a design choice, they wouldn’t state now that it’s an aspect they are currently investigating, would they … :troll:

1 Like