Introducing Analog Heat +FX

I bought the Fab Filter suite a few weeks back as have been using demo copies on and off for years. All of their plugins are absolutely top notch. Volcano is amazing and Saturn is incredible.

1 Like

Iā€™m considering the Au3 versions for iPad . Little portable fx box.

1 Like

I bought the Auv3 suite on offer a year or so back and thatā€™s what led me to buying the desktop versions - they are great for iPad.
The desktop plugins are quite expensive, but luckily I found a legit licence holder via eBay and saved 50% on the full price.

1 Like

Does anyone know how the OB integration works?

Here is what I want to do:

Open a file in Bitwig studio that already has the AH+ VST set up, mess with it, and save the file.
Iā€™m hoping that saving the file in my DAW also saves whatever state the AH+ is in. IOW I would not have to create a preset every time, and just save the file (note that this is how the ST, DT and DN work when Total Recall is on, with the Sync changes on save option enabled)

Thatā€™s critical to how I work.

Iā€™ve definitely gravitated back to the DAW, but I play shows in a group and having a couple knobs to grab and twist makes the show more dynamic. So iā€™ve seriously pared down my vintage rack effects and i thought the AH+ would allow me to give my OT and DN and A4 something extra. If i werenā€™t gigging, maybe I wouldnā€™t get it. But i do like Elektron boxes, so maybe I would anyway.

1 Like

1 Like

I just want one because of the blue screen

1 Like

This is what it says:

Always find your device preset parameters in the same state as you left them when you return to your DAW project, with the useful total recall functionality.

How does this not answer your question? I have trouble understanding what it is you want to know, then. Can you rephrase?

2 Likes

LOL - Yes it does state exactly what I want. Thanks for pointing it out, I just need to slow down and read! Iā€™ll delete my earlier postā€¦

1 Like

I totally get this. 100%

I wish I had the wherewithal to do everything in a DAW- its cheaper(holy cow is it cheaper), more approachable having a smaller setup, and is more efficient.

I think its just more apt for exploring to have a tactile piece of hardware that contains this. Also, overbridge is a HUGE selling point because Iā€™m already predisposed to working out of a DAW primarily- for really dynamic FX i can have a preset/starting point, venture out by playing around with parameters, find shifts that sound good, create automation points for those parameters for later, and keep on exploring.

1 Like

I hear you - if I were playing live, I would definitely consider this box.

Iā€™ve not really explored Overbridge much, but am setting time aside to look into this in more detail at the moment. I find their plugin UI and graphics horrible and it really puts me off.

Hybrid is definitely the way to go for me, and the reason I have 4 Elektron boxes.

Iā€™ve had quite a lot of other hardware in the past and some that Iā€™ve kept, which software just canā€™t match for sound, but if I could be totally DAW based with a proper tactile interface, I may give up the hardware all together. I do like messing with hardware though and the sounds I make within a DAW are always usefully different to what I make on hardware.

In the OB manual, it says that too :

Total Recall is also available for Analog Heat MKI/MKII but there it is always switched on and can not be interacted with.

I gues they forgot to include AH+FX in the text?

Edit: reported.

2 Likes

When I use it, I never actually interact with the UI of the plug in.

I mostly just live record a jam into my DAW and either work and rearrange the audio files or in some cases rework the live automation from said jam(oh yeah. It does that and I think thatā€™s pretty neat :grinning:)

4 Likes

I donā€™t find it horrible at all (though I donā€™t use it that much). What donā€™t you like about it?

2 Likes

Youā€™re giving me inspiration on how to use OB. Thank you :blush:

1 Like

I worked with both the old and the new ā€˜Analog Heatā€™ as a master effects unit today.
Summary in brief (for owners of multiple Elektron synthesizers): The new device is great, but if you already have the old one, you generally donā€™t necessarily need the new one.
Explanation:
The new features are fantastic for performance interventions, but these interventions can also be done on the other devices.
The effects as a whole are interesting but can quickly become boring. Wobble, chorus, and bitcrusher are great, but for a summed signal, they can be a bit too much.
Accessing delay and reverb is a bit cumbersome.
It would be good to have a page that allows simultaneous access to the effect parameters of individual effects.
Perhaps a performance page where the four knobs can be freely assigned (even multiple times), similar to the Analog Four.
Both models allow for equally good manipulation of frequencies and distortion.
Compressor: Okay if you donā€™t have another one already.
Less is more: Itā€™s very easy to destroy a good input signal because the control ranges are very large.
Overall, itā€™s an amazing upgrade for an originally very compact tool."

8 Likes

Itā€™s a personal taste thing. It looks old and cluttered and the GUI colours donā€™t feel very inviting to me.

2 Likes

Yeah I second Fabfilter Volcano.

Volcano 3 + Saturn 2 gets you VERY close to an Analog Heat. Itā€™s still lacking something but Iā€™d say it gets like 90% there, plus they has a lot of modulation features.

1 Like