Introducing Analog Heat +FX

I’m really curious how well it could replace my “mastering” FX chain in FL Studio. I had an AH mk1 which I really liked the sound of, but wish I had all the controls for all the end of chain plugins in one place. It looks like a really fun and inspiring all-in-one FX box :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Man I hope they do a dual-mono input update on this like with the DT and DN, if the hardware even allows it. Wouldn’t be able to have different filter/distortion settings on each channel probably but being able to use this as separate Reverb and Delay send FX from a mixer would be lovely.

4 Likes

you have dual mono on DN inputs, you can send L/R to chorus/reverb/delay independently, or did I misunderstood something?

On this point specifically it’s not surgical but it’s a surprisingly good EQ - assuming it’s the same circuit as the other AH’s. It really does sweeten that top-end. The filter is real nice too. I miss both using my Boum and even the EQ/Filter on my XONE doesn’t quite give me what I liked about this combo. Before I got an AH I wondered how useful a 2-band would be but it’s perfect for just massaging the sound just enough. I probably wouldn’t trust myself to bake in a mid EQ to my recordings but I could leave a little bump on the highs and a dip in the lows pretty much permanently.

1 Like

Yeah I just feel like the lack of actual compression with control over threshold, attack, release, ratio made me hesitant to buy over things like the Boum or Vla ii which I have bought

But I never used it so I don’t know how useful the envelope follower ducking actually is

Oh man, multi I/O with multitrack recording (& looping) would be the best thing ever. Not likely, but Elektron definitely should be the ones to do it

Previously on Elektronauts:

13 Likes

i like your thinking … we can hope, somehow, but currently alas not !

About time a prediction of mine largely came true (we’ll sort of) :joy:

2 Likes

Definitely, but you can’t kill the dry signal so it doesn’t work as a send/return with a mixer. If they did this with the Heat +FX they’d def need to have a kill dry function.

Perfect

2 Likes

This is basically what I use it for.
Heat with envelope follower, HPF sidechained master comp, master density (low mix) reverb, EQ, some LFOs keeping things spicy.

I use it with my OT and it has replaced my OT master fx track. So I got that 8th track back.

And the ability to save presets means I can save a mastering chain for each tune, but also quickly try out chains on various tunes for inspiration.

But it doesn’t have to only be that. I also use it as a simple stereo FX when writing synth bits for dub techno. Dusty, crispy, wild and spaced out. LFOs are great here. Sample into OT, then go back to using AHFX as a mastering box.

Pretty flexible. The only thing I can find this flexible for my own personal needs is a laptop.

9 Likes

ah, got it, yeah that would be great

slightly off-topic, but did anyone ever wonder if there’s really ‘8 distortion circuits’ in AH?
I’ve seen it inside, and just can’t discern such a presumably complex arrangement on the circuit board. maybe I’m wrong to presume that dedicated circuitry would require 8 separate current pathways, OpAmps, and 8 different transistors/diodes…
still wish the box sounded better, before any FX. two real different ded. circuits, plus analog compressor or limiter, a better analog EQ would make a much better and all-around tool.
(though it’s good for what it is though, and was always priced fine, even better now)

1 Like

@AdamJay Can the LFOs modulate delay time, etc? I always want that on the Digis.

what’s in a name ?
  • AH+FX
  • AHFX
  • AFX (spoiled vote, taken!)
  • AH+
  • AHX
  • AX (early front runner, ruled out)
  • AH3
  • AHP
  • AH-emmkaythree
  • DGAF (let me haz one already)
  • All of the above
  • None of the above

0 voters

Let the community speak …

4 Likes

yes

2 Likes

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

You can modulate just about anything, except only FLOW order afaict !!!

4 Likes

That’s wild. I LOVE the digi delay and reverb (I even recorded an IR of the digiverb to use in Ableton), but often I would like to modulate them, like you can do with the Moog Matriarch.

1 Like

Pot noodles are surprisingly expensive in the US, I do miss being able to grab one from the corner shop for a quick lunch.

1 Like