Introducing Analog Heat +FX

They seem like two different approaches to tape emulation.
From what I gather about the Genloss, it’s just as much different from the Heat as it is the Deco.
Sonically they are pretty different form one another.
Getting one would not be like having another.

Yes, the analog inputs and USB input can be used simultaneously.

You can also configure where your USB input will be inserted in the audio routing flow. When using CC MODE with INSERT or PRE, the USB output will be effected by the AH FX. When using POST or BYPASS the USB audio is sent “as is”.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer. Is it possible to set the input level for the USB device AND the analogue inputs separately?

I think you’re right I just wanted to hear them side by side anyways hehe.
Guess because I really like the GLMK2 I thought I could maybe skip it by getting the AHFX.

1 Like

one might be able to get close considering all the stuff AH+ has besides Warble. Drive, EQ, Filter … and one can control the parameters of warble with one of the LFO …

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Analog Heat +FX Feature Requests Thread (AHFX FR)

Not really. It does not have a mixer function or something like that. But you can of course set / adjust the volume on the input devices (ipad and external) themselves.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to use the Heat+FX in Ableton Live. I don’t see the vst anywhere.
Installed the latest version of Overbridge a few times. I even installed all of the various Elektron machines, including ones I don’t have.
I see the Heat, but no Heat + FX

What am I missing?

Just to make sure: AHFX is in Ob mode ?

Uninstalled OB completely, then reinstall without AHFX being plugged into the computer?

1 Like
2 Likes

I’m starting to convince myself to sell the Syntakt and get the AHFX.

After I got the ST I bought the DN & AK and I also have the DT. Thinking maybe it’s a bit too much. Maybe it also reduces my GAS for the GLMK2.

Will I miss the ST or does that sound like a solid plan?

Put it aside for a couple of weeks, you’ll have your answer.

2 Likes

OB was checked each time within the system menu.
AH was not plugged in to USB during installation each time.

I’m using a Mac running the latest is.
Come to think of it, it just updated a couple days ago. Which may be why

Solid plan imo. You have enough sound sources and could need a few fx to spice them up.

1 Like

My second day really using this thing

The fact that all the fx r kind of vanilla actually make it well suited as an end of chain box. I got a lot of these fx in pedal or eurorack form but the heat is a nice touch on top of these on the master. It can be really subtle.

I also replaced my gen loss and boum with this and I don’t miss it in the chain at all.

I almost wanna get another one to use just on drums

3 Likes

The Heats really put a fantastic sheen on drums.
I always struggle a little to get my tracks form 90% to 100.
The Heat has definitely made that possible.

I used to have a Deco, and I still miss that.
It has a super silky sound and performance with the lag knobs sounds fantastic.

3 Likes

I’m curious, what makes you say that?

I was reading through the thread and ppl were complaint about the lack of certain and fx or that they weren’t flexible enough. Like wanting shimmer or something.

When I say vanilla I guess I mean that they can just be really subtle and complimentary to other fx’s that r already n the mix.

Also love that a lot of the fx l add a stereo field to my mixes.

It really just seems like the digi boxes fx’s which I always felt like has a big sweet spot but doesn’t get too crazy

Would love for a glitch/repeat feature. And I’m excited to see what future updates will hold :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Totally!
I’ve always wanted to see some features from “BeatLookUp” or “the Finger” in hardware fx.

2 Likes