Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

I see… it is necessary to avoid the slip towards to mood support and to raise a level above gear support for a better Elektronauts. We can do that ! Right Guys ? we can do that, isn’t it ?
That’s only 1 step and a half (maybe even less than that) :slight_smile:

Thanks for your kind words… as i’m wondering on the sticky post. Cheers @avantronica :wink:

1 Like

Because the only ones available to buy will be in the hands of owners. The price has been slashed because Thomann is selling them new so cheap. If the only place they can be bought is second hand, then it is this that will determine the price. Not Thomann

That’s a bi-product of the user removal, it doesn’t work like this for users who are established … it’s not ideal, but in this case it was not a great loss to the community

Users need to be aware that they are accountable for the content and consent when joining to the retention of these posts, you’d be surprised at how many want to remove them in a fit of flouncy scorched-earth vandalism on their way out. Deleting posts is not the preferred option, but it can be an expedient to stop flash points when there’s gratuitous flaming nonsense to deal with (or abuse or spam etc) . Those vanished posts from above were not manually or explicitly deleted

Hopefully we can all drift back on topic …

1 Like

They are selling cheap because a new model has been announced. That won’t ever change now.
Price won’t go up, why would it when a newer, better model is now available? Why would you pay more? People will pay more because they will want the latest.
Equivalent of saying price of a mk1 MNM or MD went up when they released the Mk II. Didn’t happen. It went down.
Prices of those only eventually went up when they were discontinued completely, and then became collectors items so to speak.
If you hold on to a mk1 thinking it’s some sort of investment, I think you may be disappointed in the long run. My thoughts anyway

idk. i play guitar and guitar players are a superstitious bunch. seems synth enthusiasts are similar in that the old designs are always seen as “better” than the new. MK1 guitar pedals fetch quite a bit because they are perceived to be somehow more pure and more “whatever-the-pedal-is” than the new version. people debate endlessly over he various Klon versions, creating price differences of thousands of dollars. the builder himself has been said that the newest Klon, the KTR, is the same circuit as the original, yet the collectors talk about the old pedals like fine wine. i think the MK1 boxes will be collector items because they’re original, no matter how much objectively “better” the MK2 boxes are.

5 Likes

Okidoki.

PS, how come you think Elektron is closed for holidays? Keep an eye on Summer NAMM 2017 videos, it’s starting in two days!
PS2, I wouldn’t be surprised if at Summer NAMM 2017 yet another new product will be released! :wink: Announce the MK2 models in one week including full specs, and announce a completely new device at Summer NAMM!

1 Like

They’re also quite a bit smaller and will cater to live performers a lot better from that point of view. I think the new machines look a lot more like ones that will stay in your studio as opposed to going all around the place for gigs with you

2 Likes

That’s pretty good thinking of you, if I may say that! :wink:

When there are none left at Thomann, then 899 won’t be the price to beat. The second hand market will only have to compete with thomanns prices for as long as thomann have stock. If/when there are no new stock of MK1 available anywhere well then the 2nd hand price of a MK1 will only have to compete with the 2nd had price of Mk2 which could potentially be more than 899

2 Likes

I’ll pass this release and wait 'till MKIII coming. Seems like a new controller with just the same software uuuuh hardware under the hood :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed. It is not the availability of MK2 that determines the price of Mk1

It is the availability of MK1 that determines the price of MK1

1 Like

just an fyi that might not be obvious; contemporary electronic musical instruments are not the best form of financial investments

6 Likes

Virus would be a good example.
Models over 10 years old are still strong. Not $3000 strong but about 30% less for well documented machines.
Elektrons are highly regarded and once MK1 stock vanishes used prices will go up a bit till the MK2s start showing up second hand. My bet is $750-850 territory.
TO add, if the MK2s wont offer significant differences demand for MK1 will clean second hand market which will leave a gap and price hike again.
All speculation of course.

1 Like

With mk1 there is the problem with durability, especially with displays (seems the displays will only last couple of years at best before going bad). This was one of the important fixes in mk2. I think we will see mk1 going used for around 500 quite soon.

Screen replacement is $60. Not something I’m concerned about.
But if they go for $500 I know I’ll buy me some more to add to the setup :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They could announce the Analog Keys mk II

Well some of you might know i like to give things for free :wink:
So i offering you my wallpaper of the Day ! ENJOY it it’s FREE yeah you read WELL :stuck_out_tongue:
And honestly i can do better in term of wallpaper … another day for the piece of Art i promise !

if you think it’s an animated GIF like the child playing with his flashlight, nope it’s your laptop energy saver who played you :wink:

1 Like

why are you spreading all this wrong information? I’ve owned my AR for 3+ years and my LCD is fine. It wasn’t an important fix and only a small batch of units exhibited this behavior. 500? Mate, this isn’t behringer

edit again: sorry for the personal slight @lemons it was uncalled for

8 Likes

Nonsense. If this were accurate the forums would be flooded with issues for every AR, A4, AK and OT since they all share the same LCD and some of those have been have been out much longer. Any display can have problems and go bad. I’ve seen one report of a DT screen issue. It happens and can be fixed.

All this doom and gloom is just over the top.

4 Likes

Is it really so hard to argue with arguments instead of getting personal? I provided a link with multiple reports of the screen failing, so there obviously are issues for some. It was not “wrong information” and had nothing to do with me owning a synth with a fan (which I have no issues with btw).

I have owned AK and A4 and while I didn’t have issues with screen going bad (yet), the viewing angles were awful. So the screen upgrade was needed in more ways than one.