Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

I have the feeling, this forum is changing.
not so much talk about making music
cool topics stay almost empty
ideas are not as interesting as it used to be…

many people complain
many people talk about buying gear (in stead of developing music making skills)

My idea about MK2…
for both it fits 100% to what I want
Indeed, the size is pretty big
but that can also give space to my brain when working on it

and I just ordered Rytm MK2
and I am afraid before it is 2018 I will have A4 MK2 too…
:slight_smile:

10 Likes

I agree. I’m fairly new on this forum but it seems there’s not much love/appreciation/feedback given over on the “our music” page. That’s why we all buy this gear, to make music. I know this isn’t soundcloud or youtube but it surprises me that hardly anyone listens to or comments on the actual music being shared here.

3 Likes

The best way to reduce trolling is to ignore it, if you folk flag overtly trolling or fake-news posts we won’t be especially inclined to make a case to save the post from automatic community justice.

In this case it’s a matter of exaggeration & spinning something to fit a theory … in most cases afaicr the screen issues were prevalent amongst a minority who were not using their devices for a long time and the situation was recoverable, so nothing inevitable about it

For me there’s infinitely more sense in this from a viewing angle perspective, and also in terms of having a screen which can compete with the bright pads around it … the new screen is larger, so its a new decision part wise, not an enhancement part wise whilst it obviously is on many levels feature wise

Saying that analog gear of this quality will generally shift for $500 is just naive or bait, but it’s just an opinion

In any case referencing a user’s other gear choices is no better or relevant, nor is hating on companies as a whole … it’s hard to argue against there being a place for companies who make gear reachable, but the wholesale design plagiarism is hard to admire … not a criticism to be levelled at the gear in question

this is why the community has to do its bit and ignore/flag the stuff which drags the vibe down, hopefully it’ll then get progressively less frequent, otherwise it puts off the type of positive/constructive users you need to have around to help those interested in discovering other ways to use their gear or find solutions etc

when all the release news has passed it’ll probably get a bit better in any case, seems to be a trend

1 Like

Monomachine had no MK2 with superior features

Why should this be a forum just about music? A thread like this one provides a platform to discuss all sorts of implications the introduction of the ARmk2 and A4mk2 brings to the table. Anticipating on which new devices or OB functionality might come in the near or distant future, what kind of price effects the introduction of new gear could have on second hand markets, and discussing how one could combine new gear with existing gear, to me is also very interesting.

To me that’s a large part of what sets Elektron apart from other manufacturers!
One the one hand I think it’s because of the “deepness” of Elektron devices, and because of the P-locking which to me at least is unique. And on the other hand, it’s because Elektron, for as long as I follow them (I used to own an MNM mk1), was always really good in creating a “hype mystery” about forthcoming products.

Monomachine (2004)
Monomachine SFX60+ MKII (2010) : superior feature : +Drive, Snapshots, ability of the MkII to host user waveforms, has better signal-to-noise figures and balanced outputs.

If i made no mistake. :wink:

5 Likes

Nah, it’s just so many product releases lately and those are the ones that draw in all the major criticism that gets heavy. It’ll blow over… Besides, the forum is made from people that come and go, and people are always changing, so the forums always changing too… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thought well and we must also not misunderstand our way of talking among members of long dates without differentiating the relations with the new comers.

1 Like

Seeing as used A4 could be found for around $700 even when mk2 was not released, I am pretty sure its price will eventually fall into $500 in the used market when there is a newer version available. Not meant as naive or bait.

Maybe in 3 years

hopefully there is a planed support for the old MKI-machines hardware-wise. The display on my AR shows some problems

They are still selling mk1 so at least 3 more years to honour warranties.

2 Likes

that’s good to know

yeah, i still within the three years with my AR. as long as i can read the letters, i’ll wait till fall, they are to busy right know and i don’t want to wait half a year as it happened with my A4

IMO you should do it before mk2 launch.
At least contact support to get info :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m curious why you want the ability to send midi from the A4MK2 when you have a Pyramid. Other than trig conditions for midi sequencing, I’m not sure what you’d gain…if anything, the lack of midi sequencing on the AR is a plus to me as a Pyramid owner, as I’m not paying for a feature I wouldn’t need. With the A4, you have more CV outputs to use for sequencing (and finally CV inputs, which was something I really wished the AK had when I had one), so it seems to me like the lack of midi sequencing on the Analog machines more of a plus as a Pyramid owner.

2 Likes

I have an A4, some eurorack, (using an external sequencer) and was always interested in buying an Analog Rytm.
cv / in!!! So much questions…
Would it be possible to record them on an A4 (MK2) and send them back (0 to 10v or -5 to 5 etc.)?
On the Rytm, will it be possible to choose the start or end point of a sample, or start and stop recording a sample via cv?
Sending cv from the A4 to the Analog Rytm could be so good.
I am just curious to see how the cv / in will work. Nice work Elektron, It will certainly be powerful!

Keys and trigs together, to be able to lay down notes first and change tunings after(with a single push of a button, jump back to original value after CC change steps). Little things to increase efficiency. I feel that Elektron midi either Pyramid Midi would be optimal midi sequencing.

I stand corrected :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Exactly what I’ve been thinking too.
The new Trinity will be revealed, but it wont be an OT2, something new.

1 Like