Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

That is the only solution i can imagine without ditching your current customers.

1 Like

I think I’ll wait for mkIII since electron took apple way…heheh.
PS.
MNM MD A4 AR OT SiD in studio …MKI…:confused:

Just to be clear if you own the 3 new OB premium supported boxes, being DT, A42 and AR2, you don’t need to purchase 3 seperate OB premium licences do you?

I suspect that they could implement this but they’re choosing not to as it would cut into their OT/DT sales. Super frustrating if that’s the reason.

Overbridge was released two years after I got my A4. I still concider it to be a key feature now and cannot understand how Elektron has an extra charge for it now. What would you say if Paramter Locking or the FX section were additional features? “pay for what you want” does not apply here, Elektron is no Pizza diner or a railway service. They offer instruments and everyone who buys them should use them at their whole featureset.

2 Likes

Web developer here. Your proposed solution is the smartest one, hopefully that’s how it works out.

2 Likes

Streaming capability will remain the same I believe due to the hardware limitations of the mk1, whatever you have now is what you will get in that regard.

What’s scarier is the thought that the Mki versions of OB lose continued support for current versions of macOS or Windows, while the flagships sail ahead. I suspect that might come at some point, albeit not immediately.

You should be worried. How are those Clavia Nord G2 computer updates coming along? It’s a dead-end format they never should’ve chased in the first place. It’s totally fine, but don’t expect it to work “forever”.

Yeah sorry mate there is no logic in that comment. OB came much later than the Analogs release, and was FREE.
It seems you are ok with the plan because you don’t use OB, but I presume majority of users do, and Elektron surely have to cop some backlash with their new OB strategy

Should be possible! From what I gathered the way it works is that once you buy OB premium it does something on the device itself, unlocking it. Wonder how it is secured :sweat_smile:

You do need to buy 3. Licenses are sold per machine.

2 Likes

Oh no, I can see it now. Everyone trying to run a dodgy crack copy of OB premium. Could get messy :ecstatic:

That won’t work. When you buy it it unlocks something on the machine itself. Not saying that couldn’t be hacked, but I don’t think anyone in that scene will buy Elektron boxes to create and release an unlocker for the audio interface.

It might not be hard though, would be interesting to monitor the network/disks/etc when activating the machine to see what happens behind the curtains… purely for educational purposes of course :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes, I am aware that the MKII have an updated USB interface (I guess 2.0), and that the current number of streams is hardware limited. I don’t have a problem with that :slight_smile:

Reference please!

All great points. And evidence that our relationship with Overbridge, and its pricing scheme is purely subjective.

So let’s tread lightly on the grand statements on the subject, eh?

2 Likes

Yep let’s soldier on.
Where are the demos Elektron?

4 Likes

There’s some other mentions of it working like that. Once the DT is unlocked OB premium functions will be available. My guess is that there won’t be separate downloads, just one OB for the new OB devices that enables the premium options for unlocked devices.

Well , i’ve never seen so much Elektron stuff for sale in the internet at the same time in Montreal. 3 Analog keys, 3 Octatracks , 1 Rytm. etc
BTW Its possible to pre order from Moog Audio. Crazy expensive though. I dont think its worth it right now.
More than 2000$ Can$ for the Rytm and 1800 for the A4
Edit : Without counting Overbridge.

1 Like