Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

Yep just a heads up.
Anyone looking at selling AK mk I should probably do it now :happy:

Elektronā€™s new MKIIā€™s got me all

4 Likes

A great friend of mineā€™s reaction to the MK2 announcement was ā€œcool, Iā€™ll finally be able to afford a Rytm (MK1)ā€

4 Likes

And FREE OB haha just stirrin

3 Likes

Already have them sold on SDS Drop too!

1 Like

That they have no interest in using.
Heh. Seriously.

one of the heads of Elektron is active in a thread of ours on Facebook and he was saying how Overbridge is now a paid product to fund the more advanced features of the technology coming. And that it was fair because this way the people who donā€™t use Overbridge can save that money; otherwise the price of the machines would go up even more for everybody. So the question is, what significant functionality is going to be added to Overbridge that they havenā€™t already invested time and money developing? And if this is the case, I suspect there will be a point where Overbridge branches into a new version and us Mk1 guys will be forced to pony up to get the newer features

1 Like

Of course :slight_smile:
I usually buy my instruments second hand though I bought the Rytm and A4 new, before I had kids hehe.

Btw the Nord g1 is imo the best digital synth ever made !
Iā€™ve got a g2 for 1100$ can about 8 years ago.

1 Like

I would interpret it the other way round - machine unlocking the software, but I guess thatā€™s all speculation and off topic. Interesting discussion, which we should probably carry on somewhere else. :slight_smile:

I reckon these new analogs look really good.
Best looking Elektrons imo and really like the new shape. A great evolution from their predecessors.
Not a fan of the new OT. Looks dated now already in that rectangular box. Feel they should have done more there.
New tilted case is awesome, nice and thin sides, front panel really clean, slick and classy looking.
Really like the new grey finish, again better than new OT grey.
And most importantly updated that tiny screen. Bigger and OLED. Really want to see that screen lit up and in action.

2 Likes

Weā€™re not in disagreement. I was just saying that the machine itself gets altered in answer to your question about separate premium downloads. There will be just 2 versions to download; OB for old and OB for the newer devices.

OB for the newer devices will be able to see if a connected device is unlocked and then give you all the premium options. It makes more sense than maintaining 3 versions.

But weā€™ll have to wait and see! Iā€™m mostly curious about how the activation proces will go and if it survives factory resets and such.

1 Like

So whats the rationale behind the separate outputs on the A4 being stereo instead of balanced mono? It seems like a strange choice to meā€¦perhaps some AK users have some insight?

Presumably they are taken after stereo effects now

And that would be awesome.

P-locked pans per voice get recorded in stereo.

Also, when panning sound locks, you effectively get 8 mono voice outputs.
Great if you use A4 for drums.

Stereo fx are kept in the main LR outputs, as FX are send/return.
Voice outputs = dry
Main outputs = fx (or voice + Fx, its configurable.)

Exactly like Analog Keys

4 Likes

The spec says that theyā€™re still global send effects so that would kind of defeat the purpose of them being separate outputs. Seems like itā€™s set up that way just to preserve the stereo panning of the amp section maybe? odd.

1 Like

ah I see. nice trick :slight_smile:

Really like the subtle curved edges all round on these new units as well.
Nice touch

1 Like

Size difference:

Pads:

26 Likes

Holy crap is that scale real? That thing is massive.
Didnā€™t realise. Had a little gas brewing but not so sure now :aw:

3 Likes