Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

I mean, I always wished that AR could sample directly but I have got used to getting samples in there another way. I am sure this is a powerful feature but I deemed the AR worthy of the price it was selling for when I bought it. I also like the CV inputs since I am a modular user.

I am not going to pre-order, I will watch and see the reports from the first wave of buyers and then make my decision.

Oh wow… man… Elektron… what a timing just before the holiday.
Time for a ‘trade-in’ program and A.M.A. session perhaps? :wink:

3 Likes

I would guess fixed velocity mode?

2 Likes

So if I buy OB for my AR mk2 can I use that license on my DT and A4 mk2 too? Or do I need to buy 3 licenses or 2? It’s confusing to say the least.

ah yes!

One license per machine

1 Like

Elektron better announce a BIG OS update for Rytm MK1 fast!
Otherwise this is a piece of impudance! :rage:

4 Likes

Loads of new boxes released before existing ones are even finished,
Massive price hikes, for minor/cosmetic updates,
Price gouging for features which should be standard in OB,

… it’s almost like Elektron had a big bunch of VC investment last year (they did) and the investors are pushing for a return on their investment eh?

24 Likes

Why is that so? Why is it an imupdance to release a new version of a product?

Haven’t read the thread, but if Rytm MK1 and MK2 hardware and software are the same, but MK1 won’t be able to sample… a proper dick move.

3 Likes

So in addition to buying the machines (769+1499+1699), I have to spend 79 + 99 + 99 on OB licenses. That’s just nuts.

10 Likes

Free OB Premium for purchases made before 25th December would be a great marketing strategy (…he suggests selfishly)

5 Likes

How was it limited?

i wonder why some of you guys feeling let down. it’s like you can always use what you have, mk1’s gonna get updated, so why worrying? no one is forcing you to buy new stuff, unless you desperately need these inputs or whatever there is…

7 Likes

because they could have give mk1 easily the possibilty to sample, but they dont because of octatrack (which is not nice, but okay). they should had stayed to this agenda. this is a complete turnaround!

1 Like

If we trade in MK1 machines, how much $ to have MK2 units?

Ugh, I want this badly!

if i had sold my rytm before this news, it would be worth around 1000$, now i think its just worth 700$

Awesome, sAmpling and resampling on the AR.
The AR is one of the best dig sampler /analog filter, samplers I have ever used. Sp1200 killer here we come.
Fab updates,

2 Likes

It might have to do with the fact that Elektron has limited resources to support OS/firmwares. So while the DT firmware can’t even do midi without crashing or trim samples or do other stuff without crashing, they’re releasing more hardware that also need ssupport. The OS/firmware department is going to be spread really thin.

I think anyone owning a DT will be a worried a bit about what all this means for the current state of things on the DT. It doesn’t even have usable midi yet new boxes are now going to be released while the DT is anything but done. It makes people fear and feel bad. It’s understandable, I also feel bad and worried a bit. Specially now the DT also seems to produce mysterious pops and clicks.

4 Likes