Interest check Separate outs mod

I agree that it was not purposeful omission rather than an oversight or logistical thing.

I don’t think you are right here - it was obviously a commercial decision by Elektron. You only have to look at the functionality variation between their other different boxes to realise that they play a clever game this way. The Machinedrum had separately addressable mono outs but the Monomachine’s were stereo, for instance. They know their user base will start collecting these machines once hooked.
So… you can buy one A4 for a drum machine, and another one for sysnths :wink:
Go on… You know you want to! Crafty.
[/quote]
The monomachine has 6 outputs, configurable in 3x stereo or 6x mono, plus a headphone out. Please check the specs ;-).
Anyways, they’re obviously aiming at the gearjay market, thats what -to be honest- really disappointed me about the octa. 1 stereo out and 1 cue out with in the earlier OS versions no option to use it as 2x stereo (or 4x mono).
I’d expected 8 mono outs on this box, but okay… maybe I have to manage my expectations a bit ;-).
I’m really happy to see the rytm has dedicated outs :slight_smile:
And yes I am hooked
and yes, that damn rytm will cost me…
dont know about the A4… played with it on a synth meeting but no magic… :-)[/quote]
Sheee-it!! MnM can do mono out! Owning the synth, I managed to miss this, on account of not reading the manual and just fiddling with it :smiley:
Still… my comment about Elektron’s business model still stands. These dudes want you to buy all of their synths!

At this point I would be happy to have one extra monophonic output from just track 1 and still have a stereo main available for mixing the other tracks. Would sure be nice to to put some compression on just my basslines!!!

It would sure be nice to run each track thru a channel in a mixing desk and give each one separate EQ, effects, compression etc, instead of having to multitrack the f*cker to achieve the same effect.

I would go for an AK, but it’s more expensive and i have no more room for another keyboard in my studio.

It would sure be nice to run each track thru a channel in a mixing desk and give each one separate EQ, effects, compression etc, instead of having to multitrack the f*cker to achieve the same effect.

I would go for an AK, but it’s more expensive and i have no more room for another keyboard in my studio.[/quote]
I would totally entain the idea of a breakout box that each track could be removed from the main mix and patched as direct outs, removed from main mix and patched out with the option to loop back into the A4 signal path pre fx or split the signal for both internal effects and direct output. Asking too much? :slight_smile:

I’m sure Elektron could do that, like they have done with AR outs as they have 2 different drum sounds on the one jack, one going to the TIP and the other going to the RING of the TRS output jack. One would only need to use an insert cable, perhaps something for Elektron to feature in an update ?

Although not sure if there would be bleed in the sound doing it that way.

i hadn’t thought of this - that would be rad. i really need separate outs, and whilst OB looks good, i would rather go straight into my mixer than via computer.

Track1 left channel
Track 2,3,4 right channel
Am I missing something? Can FX be panned?

Interested !

Hmm was a bout to say that is bullshit but obviously there are four seperate analogue voices which definitely can be taken off the pcb somewhere.
Interesting.

Interested ![/quote]

Bear in mind that darenager made this proposal in 2013, before Overbridge was announced and everyone was wondering why the AF did not have individual outputs.

:wink:
Do not try this at home …

i’ve not heard tales from any brave pioneers so far …

1 Like

[/quote]
Yes! That is where it starts :slight_smile: But as avantronica says… Do not try this at home … And don’t explore if you do not know what you are doing. And warranty void, not officially supported e.t.c…

1 Like

[/quote]
What’s that?

[/quote]
What’s that?[/quote]

That is a photograph of the Analog Four’s circuit board, annotated to show the points at which separate signals for the four voices could be accessed. See also page 2 of this thread.

WOW, just heard about this one.

I would SO LOVE multi outs on the A4.

Still interested! Some tinkerer out of warranty really needs to patch those sockets and see what happens…

[/quote]
What’s that?[/quote]

That is a photograph of the Analog Four’s circuit board, annotated to show the points at which separate signals for the four voices could be accessed. See also page 2 of this thread.[/quote]
So is it going to be done? It’s been 3 years since the first post on seperate out…

A4 separate outputs would be nice: but separate tracks would output with fx or not?

Without. The signal is analog.

(Plus, the effects are send effects, so they cannot be monitored on an individual voice without also hearing the signal from other channels being sent to them)

2 Likes