Inexpensive Eurorack Hardware Options

Maybe the Doepfer A-162 Dual Trigger Delay would do the trick? Around 40€ used.

2 Likes

Brilliant. That was something I’d not considered. Thank you.

Btw, the Rebach Catch series seem to be pretty nice entry-priced modules.
The vco uses a cem3340 clone (as3340), the filter sounds super acidy in demos.
Nice big knobs.
Nothing special and not utterly cheap, but I’m really amazed by the filter demos on yt, so I thought I’d post them here^^

yea, sorry plenty of wine + www = stupidity :grin:

1 Like

I’ve been all over the map with eurorack the past couple years. Bought and sold so much stuff it’s silly. From Takaab to Cwejman and lots of stuff in between. It was an expensive learning curve.

The Takaab 2LPG is like $45 and it’s really good.
Doepfer A110-4 VCO is crazy good, imo. Killer FM possibilities. I also have the Doepfer Dual ADSR and a couple clock dividers. I’ve never bought a Doepfer module I didn’t like. Can’t say that about a bunch of other stuff that cost a whole lot more.

I’m embarrassed to say most of my modules were a bit spendy and some were worth every penny, but not all. In the ‘lower middle’ price range I cant recommend Mannequins Just Friends highly enough. Works great as a multi out LFO, EG and it’s a shockingly good VCO. I’d have 3 of em if I could.

2 Likes

Error Instruments have a page for modules under €100
I haven’t bought anything from this site but they seem to have a bunch of DIY stuff, Takaab and other more uncommon offerings too.

2 Likes

York Modular has a neat selection of inexpensive utility modules. Great customer support as well.

2 Likes

Bunker just made an interesting post in another thread, where he priced out the Behringer version of a System 100 bought through Thomann.

Of course you can substitute any of these modules out as you choose.

2 Likes

I posted this elsewhere but it deserves discussion here. Behringer hasn’t made a firm decision on which pedals they’ll use, but they’re saying $29 USD. Together with all the other ideas in this threads makes Eurorack affordable for the rest of us.

Here’s another manufacture that makes completed modules quite inexpensively.

6 Likes

Super Synthesis has small and inexpensive modules.

2 Likes

$125 10hp Blue Lantern Braids with Bees-in-the-Trees or Renaissance alternate firmware. Fully built, not a kit.

€120 3hp Erica Pico Voice. PDF Manual.

This module features 8 sound generation algorithms: Karplus Strong, Chords, Wavetable, TB303 bassline emulation, PWM, Supersaw, Wavefold and Harmonic saturation, with three adjustable parameters per algorithm and CV control over one user defined parameter.

€400 42hp Erica Pico System 3 module. PDF Manual.

• 2-3-4 step sequencer
  • 2x VCOs
  • VCO controller/VCA module
  • several mixers that work both with CV and audio signals
  • Modulator (syncable LFO, random CV and noise source)
  • 2x voltage controlled ASR envelope generators
  • 2x resonant lowpass gates
  • BBD delay

€750 84hp Soundmachines Modulör114 Black Edition. PDF Manual.

• USB MIDI to CV: device and host MIDI UDB interface with pitch, clk, modwheel and 4CV
  • VCO1: saw core VCO with simultaneous wavefrom outputs, sync, pwm and sub-oscillator
  • VCO2/LFO1: saw core VCO with saw and triangle out. Doubles as VCLFO
  • QUANTIZER: 4 octave output chromatic and scale quantizer
  • ADDSUB x 2: adder/subtractor with saturation devices
  • MIXERS x 3: pot levels and fixed cv and audio mixers
  • ATTENUATORS x 3: standard attenuators
  • GENERATORS x 2: manual CV sources
  • VCF: 12dB/oct resonant lowpass and bandpass
  • VCA: linear VCA
  • LFO2: triangle and square output LFO
  • ENVELOPE: ADSR envelope generator with gated loop and two time constants
  • RIBBON: 10cm ribbon controller with gate/cv out and cv hold
  • S&H: sample and hold with track input
  • FX: 24bits high-quality digital effect with parameters cv control and tap-tempo
  • CLKDIV: clock divider with 4 outputs and reset input
  • LOGIC GATES: and, nand, not and xor
  • SLEW: lag processor
  • BUTTONS x 2: manual trigger/gate button
  • MULTI x 2: passive multiples

$1375 Blue Lantern 7200. Still available - 2 in black, 4 in green.

2 Likes

Etsy is a great gold mine for inexpensive euro.

Spherical sounds
Momomodular
Error instrument
Synthrotek

To name a few

Rides in the Storm - surprisingly cheap for what you get. Solid functionality, sturdy feel, ergonomic layout. Nice, playable modules. I really their Dual attenuator/attenuverter and offset generator (TUL). It features reset buttons for zeroing the offset voltage. Helps with setting the knob back to 0V, but you can ofc also use the button for performance - dial in an offset and then push to button to go back to 0V, press again and it outputs the dialed in offset again.

After Later Audio - check out their COCO series (Create your Own Complex Oscillator.

Noisy Fruits Lab

Already mentioned, but always worth a look is Ladik’s extensive catalogue.

3 Likes