In the market for a mainly analog drum machine - FOUND IT : )

audio fanzine
https://en.audiofanzine.com/classifieds/

4 Likes

Can’t find them…
On audiofanzine?

Ok found it :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot @elenacortes for sharing :slight_smile:
Much appreciated :blush:

1 Like

Sorry, i dont saw your post. Stupido ! i should have give you the link.
Thx @AdamJay for decryptage.

2 Likes

There is one to be had in Germany

2 Likes

Thank you ever so much @elenacortes and @loopdude for sharing :slight_smile:
Very much appreciated :pray:

3 Likes

DFAM + a sampler

3 Likes

I personally have all boxes ticked when the drum synth came along, just a cool box now.

4 Likes

29:50, why are the dudes that do that stuff always wearing fedoras?
Wish it was more clear when the Tempest was in use.
Poor OT, too.

29:50 seems very drunk at that time, his friend does the apologys for him :slight_smile: I think Vosnes jams are top, always very musical. I agree that its not always clear when the tempest is used, but there are a lot of jams, where he plays the gear actually i.e. keyboards, the beat is pre programmed.
One of the major advantages of a Tempest, is that one could actually set a root note for each sound, from where the actual sound comes from - so if you setup a scale for your sounds, then the result could match your key you are playing in. When using samples, its sometimes hard to make everything fit.

1 Like

This is interesting news​:headphones::slightly_smiling_face:

Great set🙂

Let us know if you land a TM. The sample transfer app works just fine. On my to do list is to rearrange and replace some samples I’ve loaded into the TM. I use Soundforge: - apply very short fade outs to avoid any clicks, and most of the time I maximise. Will share if there’s interest.

1 Like

What’s the apprehension? It’s a better and deeper analog drum synth than any that have been mentioned in this thread. Has p-lockable FX (reverb, delay), overbridge, dual filters per voice means less processing needed outside of it.
Really all it needs is a compressor afterward and most options mentioned in this thread don’t have a master compressor.

The only real limitation to maneuver around is the 4 track limit, but sound locks make that simple. And the reward for doing so is incredibly deep and varied drum synthesis.

8 Likes

Tanzanyofem got nothing on this:

A4 drums, DT melody:

Pure drum synth duties:

A4 drums in a track, all by itself:

7 Likes

But paradoxically they will all start sounding a bit “samey” when they are you main drum sounds across a couple of songs.

2 Likes

Agreed 100%, that’s why you need something deeper, or a ton of processing to shape them in unique ways. Frankly, it’s why I just use the OT. I love the 606 sound so much, and this way I have loads of variants of it and they all have the same workflow.

3 Likes

So, if no sequencing, will just a sound module work? And analog or a samples of analog?

If amenable, 1 or 2 Ramples in a modular lunchbox?

Easy to use.
Basic FX (filter, bitcrush, feeeze, etc)
Very simple to load your own samples.
Add panner and output module and done.

Well, mostly.
Heh

3 Likes

Truthfully, I’d rather do drum synthesis digitally and have an analog machine for the classic analog drum machine sounds. Though I am happy I have space in my setup to route an analog voice for percussive synthesis. Those are good demos for sure (better percussion than I got out of my A4 when I had it), but I still think there is legitimacy in wanting a drum machine instead of a drum synth.

The sounds can get samey for sure, but I still find them very useful with layering and processing. Good sample kits can do most of what a drum machine does, but not all.