Impulse Kit for Rytm

Hey guys,

I decided to make a kit purely out of impulses on this lazy Sunday afternoon. I’d like to give a big thanks to all the members who made this machine easier to understand and inspired some of the sound design I used.

Here is a link to the kit and 12 sounds I made, along with a couple patterns to get started. Go crazy with those performance pads!

And a demo of the patterns, with a bit of limiting and imaging to keep the gnarly bass controlled!

If anyone else has made an impulse kit or some interesting sounds please feel free to post em here!

19 Likes

very nice!

Sounds really good man. Haven’t even played with the impulse machine yet but these sounds are right up my alley. Great stuff
Downloading now and keen to see how you made these sounds. Thanks a lot :grinning:

1 Like

Sounds like my modular. Awesome

1 Like

I WAS going to either make another MD song, or a fart sample song. But this excellent job has challenged me. I’ll match your creativity/challenge. I’m gonna try to make a track using just the noise generators

3 Likes

Stuff like this makes me realise just how powerful RYTM is.
What a beast of a machine :imp:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words guys! Felt like giving back to the community that has taught me so very much about these wonderful machines. Can’t wait to hear what you come up with the noise gen @Ryan, but please make a fart track!

3 Likes

Yes flatulence is good

1 Like

very nice. great work.

1 Like

@VanillaSun Here you go. The fart sample song. Sample used first then track using only that sample:

https://soundcloud.com/ryanpiersoninc/fart

4 Likes

Ah yes nothing like the sweet sound of morning flatulance.
Was that your fart or someone else’s?
The tone and texture is outstanding. Inspirational really.
Let me know if you need any more material. About 6:30 every morning is my best time

3 Likes

I got it off freesound.org

I was more interested in exploring the sound than honing in on recording samples(even of flatulence)

1 Like

The RYTM is my new best friend.
We both fart in a harmonious symphony.
The bass is quite outstanding.
Let’s see the drumbrute match that.
Haha good luck :grinning:

1 Like

RYTM is pretty damn good. My favorite of all the Elektrons is still the OT, though. Especially for someone who thinks making music with musical sounds/instruments is kinda disappointing. It’s just a really fun game to load up whatever nonsense in there and see what you can come up with.

I want to start new threads in the OT part of this forum to have regular sound challenges after I find an ideal way to start recording samples

Yeah the RYTM and OT combo is really good
You can cover so much ground between those 2 instruments alone.
Love the more abstract stuff like this guys. Keep it weird :loopy:

1 Like

wow this is very cool, thanks for making this available for the community.

Those are some tasty farts you’ve made there @Ryan, simply flabulous!

1 Like

Thank you very much! You are the wind beneath my wings! :smiley:

3 Likes

good job! … that kick is sweet too… did you eq that afterwards? thanks

Thank you sir! I recorded everything via OB from the main outputs. Then used the Imager and Maximizer in iZotope Ozone 7 to clean things up a bit.