Immediate gear selling regret

Selling my Jupiter 4 and my Jupiter 8 were my biggest regrets gearwise. Mostly the JP4.

3 Likes

The only thing I immediately regretted selling was an ESQ1 I just let go. I had a few different keyboards and wanted to get rid of all but one, and decided on keeping the Roland Alpha Juno. The ESQ1 was a bit beat up, and I hadnā€™t used it as much, and I had a lot of sentimental value in the Alpha Juno.

As soon as I sold the ESQ1 I had a ping in my gut that said I made a mistake. Itā€™s such a cool and deep, flexible synth, and after playing around with the Alpha Juno, I feel like it doesnā€™t really fit with what Iā€™m doing now, where the ESQ1 might have. Plus it had a way better keybed.

The one other piece I regret selling, but not instantly, was a Mackie 1604VLZ Pro. I bought it new and it was well taken care of, worked really well, but I needed money and sold it for way less than I should have. I would love to have a biggish mixing board right now, and wish I had kept it.

1 Like

When I saw your picture I immediately recalled the selling of OTO Biscuit TWICE. A lovely box indeed. Regret it.

To some degree I also regret selling:
Juno 60
DFAM
K2000s
ESQ1
ION

But they are still out there to getā€¦

5 Likes

Aah man, yeah I missed the chance of buying them when they were around. Just never got round to it. Fast forward and I ended up with two in a desperate need to buy one. HMU if youā€™d like to buy/trade one.

1 Like

The 101 or the mpc one?

Yoooo I traded you an AK for an OT ages ago, thatā€™s probably my biggest selling regret. Had to flip it when I was broke. Having 2 octatracks was great, I should have kept it. You still got the AK? Not looking for trades or anything, just curious

Hello mate! I have been regretting letting go of that OT ever since!
I kept the AK for a few months then sold it, we never really clicked

Oh ok I see, Iā€™m in London. If youā€™re willing to ship it ping me once the quarantine is over
thank you

When I was a student I sometimes had to sell some of my guitar gear so I could pay the rent. Sold some really cool stuff that I didnā€™t see for sale since and Iā€™m probably not going to find in a while.

• Fender Bullet Deluxe guitar
  • Sunn Alpha 1x12 amp
  • Sunn 4x10 speaker cab
  • G&L Asat Special guitar

Not that I have any use for them right now, but especially the Sunn stuff I wish I still had.

2 Likes

I feel this I had to let my Sp404sx go last year when it was the only piece of gear I had to make rent for the month. The job at the time was slow so not many hours even with doing side delivery jobs to make up for the lack of. Paid 400, sold it for 250 it hurt but im sure the dude I sold it to is making good use of it.

Ended up getting a better job and finding a sp303 for 90 after I acquired some other pieces to jam with so it kinda worked out. But I still miss that machine.

1 Like

I traded my mc-101 for an mc-707 only to trade back for my 101 a week later. (The seller missed his 707 so it was a win-win).

Notable sold regrets:
OB-6 module - needed the $ but still kicking myself
TanzbƤr 1 - what was I thinkingā€¦
OT mk2 - thought DT/DN combo would scratch that itch but hasnā€™t been the case

2 Likes

I sold an AKAI S1000 [for $40] and kept the AKAI CD3000.
not that id be using itā€¦but for hanging on to a vintage pieceā€¦I picked the wrong one :man_facepalming:t6:

so I kinda regret it, but not really. those boxes take up so much space. as a decorative pieceā€¦not worth it in this day and age.

2 Likes

Gibson Echoplex Digital Pro
By far the most immediate and creative looper Iā€™ve used, and could be synced to MIDI. When I sold it, I was working on changing my guitar rig and thought that it was replaceable. Even worse is I had a pretty unique and flexible guitar/pedal/computer rig that also included the EHX 16 Second Digital Delay and Reaktor all synced super tightly together. Definitely regret letting go of both those loopers, but the EDP in particular. Still lusting after one, and it has been over 10 years since I used it.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve sold a bit to avoid bankruptcy after a high paying job lossā€¦

Access Virus TI2 whiteout keys
Dave Smith OB6 key
Dave Smith Prophet X
Dave Smith Tempest
Dave Smith Prophet 12 Module
Dreadbox NYX
Strymon Bigsky
Roland Space Echo RE-201
Nord Drum 3P
RYTM MKI

The only thing I DONT regret is the Nord Drum (bc Id rather have 2P) and the Space Echo bc I couldnā€™t incorporate it well or service it. Slowly rebuilding again thoā€¦

3 Likes

Intellijel Atlantis, at the time it was overwhelming and my first foray into eurorack. i didnā€™t understand synthesis at all and i didnā€™t understand how to keep it in tune (Or tune it). I wish i held on to it, maybe ill pick up one again one day.

2 Likes

E-Mu 6400 Ultra. I sold it when I gave up music for school in 2003. It was crazy expensive when I purchased it new in 1999, but sold for peanuts four years later. I used to win remix competitions with that thing. I came to regret selling it about a year later.

2 Likes

Hey, I have a boxed Octatrack MK1 for sale in Northampton (UK) if youā€™re still interested!

Sold a Polysix and model D at the same time to buy two new synths. Even though I got good money for them it felt like I completely betrayed myself. Iā€™d had that Polysix since high school. If I had a sound in my head I could walk up to either one and make it in under a minute easy. Still canā€™t do that with my current synths.

4 Likes

Akai MFC42 analog filter. I was moving OS and had dragged it around the world for over decade. Sold all my big or heavy (read quality) kit.

2 Likes