IK Multimedia UNO Synth

399 for desktop.
keyboard has part-metal chassis, keyboard and pb/mod wheels but apart from that they’re the same spec. paraphonic though… :zonked:
they could’ve just plonked 4x Unos inside for 4x ‘real’ voices. can’t really see these flying off the shelves…

1 Like

Cool. I like my Uno synth a lot. I don’t know about 400 for the little desktop but I might scoop a used one up down the line.

1 Like

I’m not normally that interested in synth design but Jesus Christ.
It looks like someone’s kid designed it based on a midi controller keyboard from 20 years ago.

2 Likes

It doesn’t look bad, and IK does quality stuff, but it seems a bit pricey. A used one might be a good deal though. Waiting for some cool demos :slight_smile:

These look & sound great at a bargain price. This is what a certain German company could be doing if they weren’t just ripping other people’s synths off

1 Like

I really wanted to hate it but I loved it! The only a thing that is bad is it’s curved body that makes sensor work wrong and shift presets on it’s own sometimes.

The UNO Synth Pro is the most underrated synth of 2021 imo. I have the keyboard version preordered, and I’m about to order the desktop version too. More synths need multiple analog filters that can be used simultaneously.

2 Likes

Why is there not much talk about the desktop version? It’s 460€ Which will go down to 399€ soon I guess.
I think it’s a pretty great package! Great build in effects, paraphonic, audio in, (for effects and pass through) dual filter, compact, presets…
I know it’s not available yet, but there are quite a few demo videos on YouTube.

Edit:

Sounds quite nice to me.

1 Like

:slight_smile:

Little one looks pretty cool for being such a small package. Just throw it in a backpack!

4 Likes

“Just throw it in a backpack” - The Lounge / General Discussion - Elektronauts :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

Uno Synth Pro is great!

2 Likes

Uno synth pro desktop is down to 370€ here in Germany. That’s basically 30€ more than a Typhon.
I think you can’t complain about price…
Don’t know why this synth is getting no love here. I mean it does look like a 90s toy, but the sound is solid to my ears…

2 Likes

I have this desktop version and the typhon. Both are so awesome, in different ways. Couldn’t go wrong with either one!!

1 Like

I had the Keyboard version for a bit. I loved the keybed and the synth was extremely versatile. Sounded great. It actually looked better in person than in the pictures to me, although still not gonna win any aesthetic awards. The dual filters and way paraphony are implemented area really nice. Programming it was really quick actually, although inevitably a bit fiddly considering the limited knobs. I was expecting the matrix-menu to be more cumbersome but you can dial it in fast.

The Sound Test Room

Holidays? This seams portable and sounds really good.

So around 1:06
Listen for the 303 style line coming in, sounds pretty dope and ik said it’s from the synth itself

I’m surprised there hasn’t been more posting for the Uno Synth Pro on here. I picked one up 2nd hand off reverb and I’m really happy with it.

Pros:

• The synth engine is a monster. 3 morphable oscs, osc sync, ring mod, FM. Two versatile nice sounding analog filters. External audio input. 3 voice paraphony. In the end this is the most important thing for me in a synth and the Uno is a home run.
  • Storage for many presets. Pretty easy to save/load.
  • Sequencer is easy to use and works well. On the desktop model the keys light up to show you what notes are programmed. Arp is good too.
  • Integrated FX are usable. Not as good as Typhon’s, but for my usage I use FX sends through my iPad anyways.

Neutral:

• Programming works fine but requires some navigation throughout the matrix. Dedicated Filter/Res knobs help the Uno stand above the Pulse 2 and Evolver.

Cons:

• Headphone preamp is so noisy its practically trash. Main outputs are clean though.
  • The touch surface (used for the keyboard on the desktop model) works fine for programming but not for live performance. Especially the pitch/mod sliders, they’re pretty inconsistent.
  • Its not the most hi-fi. The envelopes seem a bit low resolution. But for most mono synth duties its not an issue.
  • Only 2 envelopes.
  • Looks kinda ugly. Build is light but honestly pretty sturdy. I’m already contemplating painting the red bottom plate just to make it look less cheap.
  • You have to register the synth with IK to download updates. If you want to transfer the registration to someone else it is $20 USD which is completely insane. Its pretty easy to bypass though, just create a new IK account when you initially register, and if you want to sell it just give the buyer the account credentials.

Honestly I think I like it more than the Typhon. The Typhon has better fx and slightly higher quality signal path, but the Typhon’s osc selection and cross-mod capiabilities are very limited. I’m able to dial in a wider range of bass/lead patches on the Uno.

3 Likes

Any new feedback from the keyboard version owners? From only watching Youtube videos I love the look and I love the sound, but feedback from real users would be cool. Thanks.

I have the keyboard version.

The sound and the keyboard is really good.Knobs and buttons feel ok.FX is not bad.

I didn’t like the green color lights and the mini connections at the back.

I’m happy with the purchase.