IK Multimedia UNO Synth

Plastic analog, but for that price it will find lots of bedrooms.:grin:

1 Like

You guys have your own bedrooms? Iā€™m still in my parentsā€™ basement.

1 Like

Where do I sign up?

Hate them. Recently got an Electribe 2; turns out it doesnā€™t even have proper midi ports :expressionless:

So now Iā€™ve got to go out and buy the mini ones / adaptor cables? Canā€™t see it staying in my life too long.

1 Like

HP filterā€¦ so ā€œesotericā€ :joy:

2 Likes

Not keen that full ADSR is only accessible via midi CC

Although i could probably get by as it is

looks like the AR dual VCO thing in a unique box, but sounds terribly like a volca bass.

200 would be cool, 250 including VAT is uncool!

cheap bad sounding analog synths are out!

I preordered an UNO synth last night. I didnā€™t actually mean to, was clicking through checkout to see what the euro to GBP conversion rate was, then I got to the page that said thank you for your purchase. I was probably gonna buy it anyway so I guess it was fate LOL

2 Likes

congrats on the purchase.

keen to hear a review on its sound and user experience.

I had a chance to try this at superbooth. I didnā€™t like the sound so much. It sounds really thin compared to the Volcas. The built-in scale feature is nice, you can just set it and go crazy with sliding your finger everywhereā€¦ Itā€™s nicely built, super lightweight. I wish it was producing a sound with character.

I guess it depends on which type of sound you like. I personally donā€™t really like the sound of the Volcas. I bought them but they never made it into any of my tracks so I sold them. I think the UNO has more of a Roland sound which I prefer, must be a similar filter chip or something. Anyway weā€™ll see when it arrives

Hey Guys!

If you have yet to check out the tutorial series for UNO Synth. This series of videos answer a bunch of questions on how UNO Synth works on the inside and out. Check out the link below for the full series.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/iktr.php?P=NzgxNnwxNTI4MzkyMzYyOTU4

2 Likes

1 Like

Iā€™m burning down the motorway listening to Autobahn by Kraftwerk in my C5 as I type this :joy:

3 Likes

So I was reading about the uno and it says it responds to ccā€™s.
So could I control it (sequence it) with the digitakt. ?

Yes.

Uno Pro incomingā€¦

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/unosynthpro/?pkey=uno-synth-pro

2 Likes

$649 for the pro = DOA.

1 Like

Yeah that looks steep for the bigger one. I guess a chunk of that will be on the Fatar keybed? if thatā€™s the case the desktop might come in a fair bit cheaper? Theyā€™ve got a decent enough looking specā€¦ paraphonic (3 note?) with dual filters? If theyā€™re configurable to run in parallel and series (and if you can assign an eg to each) you could get some interesting stuff going on.

I liked the demos I saw of their drum machine when it dropped and if memory serves it wasnā€™t expensive. The Uno got some good reviews too but Iā€™ve never used one.