IK Multimedia UNO Synth

Well I surely do not know what to make of this video, but it might be cool?

1 Like

Oh man, this thing was so hyped by IK, and to think their marketing catchphrase for this synth was ā€˜Get ready for a Paradigm Shiftā€™ :joy: :sleeping:

Yeah, quite the statement. Iā€™m not an expert, but I donā€™t think this really constitutes a paradigm shift.

1 Like

oh god noā€¦

looking at the specs it uses IK multimediaā€™s own TRS to MIDI cables which I have some experience with. They are on their IOS audio interface which I used a while ago and they were awful. Really lose connections and very unreliable.

I really am loathing this massive shift by manufacturers to ditch the full sized MIDI DIN ports.

3 Likes

We should take a stand and just not buy anything that requires an adapter for basic thing like MIDI DIN.

6 Likes

In like how they managed to make a hardware synth that looks like a bad 3D render of a VST plugin. :slight_smile:

Looks fun though. If they manage to sell it for $150 street they should be fine.

2 Likes

Nice to see more battery powered stuff coming out, the video was everything that I could have hoped for, the only thing that could have made it better is if they had put a donk on it. :joy:

Paradigm-Shifted :rofl:

6 Likes

Bit of a shame they went for 4 pots + 4 selection buttons instead of a 4 by 4 grid of 16 pots.

Iā€™ll have a look at the drum box when it comesā€¦:face_with_monocle:

Just makes me wish Korg would release the Gadgets in h/w form even more!

Could have made it usable as a general controller as well. On a related note, can behringer stop making synths I donā€™t want and print up a couple of copies of the bcr2000? Donā€™t they know what I need?

1 Like

Somehow it reminds my on my good olā€™ ZX81. Ditching real keys wasnā€™t a great idea even back then in the 80s ā€¦

1 Like

I must say I do get excited by new synths easily. But lately, specially when monophonic synths are announced, I just take a deep breath, spend some time with my A4 and realize I already have four of those with an amazing sequencer.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s a nope from me.
it looks like a remote control from the 80s. And itā€™s just a collection of the ā€œmost normalā€ synth features with no voice of itā€™s own.

1 Like

Made in Italy. And the price :thup:

Thatā€™s the paradigm shift! The return to the late 70s early 80s membrane paradigm!!!

:open_mouth:

1 Like

Hmmm . . .

Nice price. Nice size (I like smaller synths). No menu-diving (Iā€™d still have the AS-1 if I didnā€™t have to go into the menu for like 95% of the parameters).

Iā€™m intrigued.

Edit: didnā€™t see it was made in Italy. Iā€™ll make sure to get an extended warranty to an extended warranty.

ā€¦ more esoteric HP or BP filter ā€¦

So thatā€™s really an otherworldly machine ā€¦ :smiley:

Next level stuff right there