If you were a YouTube presenter of Synths what would be your style?

I would avoid talking about synths almost entirely. Which is how my YouTube channel works. :wink:

Personally, I find it’s better to use a UV light source with cling film.

Pure gold

My video would include the gruesome spectacle of a room full of men’s severed heads… even more disturbing, they would all still be talking about themselves.

1 Like

Great thread topic. I struggle with this when trying to create content. Synth people want to look at the synths but because of this content is mostly going to be top down hands noodling. Standing out is difficult. I think ultimately it comes down to personality with tutorials and reviews. With straight up music though it’s a tougher cookie to crack as your personality isnt necessarily the first thing someine notices over imagery and percieved popularity.

I would be this guy, but with early 90’s drummachines only:

6 Likes

Would just bitch about the government and how stupid most ppl are. In between my ramblings, I’d talk about the synth. Finish up with a conspiracy theory.

I’m sure I’d be very successful :rofl:

2 Likes

The absolute best YT video I have ever seen, I have tears from laughing so hard. Thanks for the much needed good afternoon vibes.

2 Likes

pedal noise, focus on obscure old high gain distortion pedals

1 Like

really dark dingy room with no atmosphere with someone scurrying around pressing buttons on various hardware, no spoken words just dust floating around lol

1 Like

I’d try for a style in which Mel Brooks made videos about synths, but not as serious as most of his films.

1 Like

I don’t own enough “shabby chic” worn wood planks to be a youtuber.

2 Likes

so the last Autechre show I was able to see…

2 Likes

Just reviewing the knobs and buttons, not even plugging it in.

2 Likes

The “resonance knob has a nice beefy feel to it, but also really smooth when sweeping it. I can only imagine how sweet it sounds with a knob that feels so good”. That may be nsfw.

I just imagine a forum where dudes just talk about vcrs. Vcrnauts. That dude’s soundtrack puts wedding and club Djs across the world to shame.

2 Likes

no refunds man, you got what you paid for

1 Like

this is how we look to other people guys, just fyi

3 Likes

inspired by Kompressor: http://www.kompressormusic.com/gallery.html

1 Like

The only good synth youtuber is Jexus

3 Likes