If you were a YouTube presenter of Synths what would be your style?

You’ve got to be different to stand out. Would you wear a monks habit and sandals. Would you wear nail polish. Would you be yourself? I probably would. But i would grow my beard wild. Any thoughts on your style?

2 Likes

Traditionally, I’d recommend my viewers to smash the subscribe button :crazy_face:

I don’t know honestly, I find generally the top down view of synth + hands + written text/diagrams the most watchable format. Sounds kinda soulless, but it’s really the other way around, hah

9 Likes

definitely.
i would randomly rotate my two sub-persons: Punk and Nerd.

3 Likes

I would use comic sans font for all typography.
I would arrange with toilet paper and soil instead of plants and figurines.
I would grade away all cyan and orange.

6 Likes

If you were
Second person singular past tense.

1 Like

I would not show myself, just show the gear from the top.
In this regard only loopop gets it right imo

11 Likes

cmon, how can you complain about the cuckoo mini mirror?

3 Likes

I would copy Loopop.

7 Likes

I would be The Naked Guy with Too Many Samplers.

1 Like

In French with English subtitles.

2 Likes

This guy gets it right

5 Likes

Be like Jexus, no talking, no on screen personality, just incredible demos that sound good with fun edits.

12 Likes

Terrible would be my style in all honesty. I have a lot of respect for all those presenters with a deep knowledge of synthesis and all aspects of music production, knowledge of equipment and it’s place in history and an engaging manner. When that’s combined with enthusiasm and a talent for quickly making great music then it’s a winning formula.

I think I would have to show shortcuts and tips that i’ve discovered that would help maybe just a handful of others.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be a presenter at all, but if any style would be comparable then I guess it’s Hainbach’s.

Just noticed: even the long hair and beard almost matches exactly as well as the age. Hmm, maybe he is my long lost twin? … :smiley:

5 Likes

I’d get absolutely twisted drunk on Absinthe. I’d wear a catsuit crafted from cling film. I’d illuminate the scene with a single red halogen lamp, which would cause me to sweat profusely. I’d decorate my desk with freshly pulled human teeth. I’d wear noise cancelling headphones and be listening to Whitehouse on full blast, so I’d have to shout to hear myself talking, and would not be able to hear what I was playing. The cameras would be 8 GoPros attaches to 7 cats that randomly wander the studio, and one attached to a pigeon to liven things up and provide aerial shots. . I’d keep screaming that licking the Subscribe button will give you the power of telekinesis. I would rate gear based on a logarithmic scale. I would only review gear that I had personally stolen, to avoid bias or commercial influence. I’d call the channel The Absynth Minded Professor.

Loopop has it 100% right.

31 Likes

i would watch this

3 Likes

In my world, this is your long lost twin.

18 Likes

Really menacing, but I’d wear a tweed jacket and flat cap.

1 Like

A mix of knobs and loopop, except my reviews would be focused on unconventional use of the synth or sampler. So like instead of doing a review on the mother-32 as a monophonic synth I’d review it as an effect processor. Or review the DT as a polyphonic synth.

1 Like

Agree with folks citing Loopop. I don’t need to see him to appreciate his reviews. It works for Nick Batt because he ‘presents’ in a TV style we’re all used to seeing.

IMO the reviewer is a functionary. A conduit to pass information. The skill of a good reviewer/presenter in my eyes is to do that in the most efficient way without getting in the way. That doesn’t mean they have to be stiff as a board but it shouldn’t be about them, it should be about the product.

Maybe I’m showing my age and that in the celebrity obsessed times we live in my thoughts are passé? I know where I like to digest my info and I’m always open to new reviewers, as long as they do it right😉

9 Likes