If you were a YouTube presenter of Synths what would be your style?

I’m more of a soiled toilet paper kinda guy.

3 Likes

Post of the year :laughing:

4 Likes

When are you airing the first episode?

3 Likes

As soon as I get the pigeon back from the cat, and the GoPro from the pigeon. I was right in the middle of “Wriggle like a fucking eel” when my mother opened the door and out went the cat with the bird and all the great aerial footage of me riffing on the Bontempi 13 367 I stole from the pre-school down the road. Tried to catch it, but slipped on my sweaty cling-film shoes, and smashed my face off the floor. At least I have a few extra fresh teeth for the next episode, and I didn’t feel a thing.

11 Likes

Well there is basically three types of channels

Review / Tutorial / Jam

Think if I were to start a channel it would focused on jamming and showing what the instruments can do and what they sound like

Rather not have to talk

1 Like

He’s saved my 1st covid days, did you see him with erika badu?

Link to your gofundme?

2 Likes

i would allow those who made significant donations not to subscribe :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Short and to the point - never longer than 10mins

1 Like

I would buy or blag gear, then immediately and without making any attempt to learn said gear, begin live streaming my review of it. All my reviews will end in me saying the piece of gear is absolute shit before throwing it out of the nearest window and going off to buy something else.

6 Likes

I suppose it would have to be basically this for every episode of my ultimate synthesizer comparison youtube show.

6 Likes

I’d start each video with 9 animated logos for made up companies that don’t exist outside my YouTube channel, then 2 minutes of footage of me ‘out and about’ that has no relevance to the topic of the video which will be something like “This one C R A Z Y secret will DESTROY Korg” or “Watch this list of 4 things and your music will get better without you putting in the time and effort!!?!”.
Cue me in front of a 10k lighting rig in stunning 4k, 60fps: “Hey guys!”, then “Remember to like and subscribe!” 6 or 7 times every video .
The videos would all be just over 10 minutes long with 2-3 minutes of that being useful content and the rest made up of complete waffle while I make huge gestures with my arms, check myself out on the screen and generally enjoy the sound of my own voice.
I’ll deliver my Squarespace advert with more passion than the rest of the video.
There’ll be bright, big room EDM playing throughout every video, slightly too loud to be called background music, just loud enough that you have to strain to hear what I’m saying. This will keep playing even when there’s music or sound coming from something on screen (which I will talk over anyway).
My table would be adorned with the whackiest paraphilia imaginable and the thumbnail will be a cut-out of my face wearing an expression that can only be described as ‘man surprised and in awe of his own photoshop skills smugly eats lemon’, this will be surrounded by mysterious blacked-out gear and red interrobangs.

Do you think this is a great idea for a channel or do you think you could do better? I want to know what you have to say so let me know and leave a comment below.

9 Likes

Plagiarism!

Table Top Knickknack. It’s all the rage.

2 Likes

I would be the one spamming all the gear forums to get attention (HERE IS MY CHANNEL BY THE WAY).

4 Likes

Already following you :slight_smile:

1 Like

if you look for smth to aspire to

19 Likes

Liked and subscribed. Twice.

1 Like

And thus a new genre was born.

Spot on, perfect formula, Bono absinthe Toulouse!

1 Like