If you could buy just one thing in 2022, what would it be?

I’ve got my eye on this as well, I’d be able to consolidate into it as a bonus!

1 Like

M8…. Looks proper cool!

1 Like

I like the the look of that Tascam X8. I have had my old deck of cards Marantz audio recorder for like 10 years, could really use an upgrade.

The X8 would be great, multi-channel, field recorder, 32bit, an interface if need be. Perfect for multi-channel mobile records, and at a reasonable price. I think it would tie me over from getting a more capable audio interface. It’s definitely the main thing I’ve got my sights on at the moment.

I’ve been sort of, somewhat keen on an OT again, but I’m ok with out it. Ableton can suffice for now. Some things are desires, others are more like needs. If i could i’d pick up every Elektron box, not next year tho.

1 Like

I think I’ve got everything I want/need, apart from a really good front end for live recording, so I’m looking at a Neve 1073DPX being my main 2022 purchase.

And maybe an Arturia Polybrute. :upside_down_face:

:point_up:

6 Likes

World peace. Oh wait, couple of yall already said you’re buying that, so never mind.

Ok, the Los Angeles Chargers so I could move them back to San Diego. Would then have to buy a stadium for them in 2023 because their old stadium and the property it was on was sold to San Diego State University.

Wait, you want actual gear that I could afford? Ok, Landscape Noon

2 Likes

A house. My girlfriend and I have far outgrown our one bedroom apartment and I want a proper desk and studio space so I can use more than a couple things at a time (and my drum kit I’ve had in storage for over a decade) :slight_smile:

8 Likes

a pass to skip right to 2028 without aging

4 Likes

A winning lottery ticket worth hundreds of millions.

1 Like

Hello Cirklon? Are you there? Hello?
Hellooooooooo? Helloooooooooo?
Echo ((echo)) (((echo)))

9 Likes

A 3-tier Moog Sound Studio.
But pigs will fly before I get that past the missus.

2 Likes

Gear wise? MPC Live 2. That aside, world peace doesn‘t sound too shabby either.

4 Likes

same here, my problem is, my taste of music equipment only gets more expensive

3 Likes

Time

9 Likes

Hands down, the thing I’m most excited to get in 2022 is this…

9 Likes

this is an important one!

questions I like to ask myself when thinking about gear:

do I have the time to learn it right now?
or does it save me some time?
or does it make my time doing something more enjoyable?

3 Likes

1 at a time works better!

3 Likes

Sequential Prophet 10

2 Likes

I want Covid to catch a virus that mutates it into something that improves us, and cures cancer.

And to stay a bit more on topic, I’d buy it.

12 Likes

2022: Buy nothing.
2023: Buy time.

(Watch me. :smiley:)

Meh, now I’m just being boring. Pulsar-23 is the one piece of gear that keeps calling my name. Not gonna buy it next year probably but it’s in the cards.

5 Likes