If you could buy just one thing in 2022, what would it be?

This is a spinoff of the thread “Happy NoGear New Year” in which many of us committed to buying no new gear in 2022 (myself included). There has already been much discussion there of people hurrying up and getting last minute purchases in 2021. I found myself doing this with the “one thing I wish I had” (I know this is self-deception and demonstrates the value of my commitment). The “one thing” I wish I could add is not available right now until 2022. So, too bad for me.

For me, the one thing I think I would want to add to my collection in 2022 (if I hadn’t already committed to not buying anything new) is: Waldorf Iridium.

2 Likes

Mannequins Three Sisters :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Expressive E Osmose! (good that I preordered :smiley: )

5 Likes

Nothing. NGNY2022, baby!

Nice try though!

27 Likes

Osmose might be number 2 on my list!! Then again, maybe it won’t really be available until 2023 after all.

I am still planning on NGNY 2022. Just thought I’d admit to pining for something. Maybe destructive to the whole process. I hope not. I’d been eyeing an Iridium since about August 2020, but then started to hear about hardware issues, and scarcity, so bought a HydraSynth to tied me over until Iridium works out its issues (and over at GearSpace, it looks like it will have MPE for OS 3.0, which is important to me).

3 Likes

Not sure if it’s a buy or a consult. I want to set my studio up perfectly so I don’t have to swap gear off my desk. Maybe I just want a bigger table with some levels

4 Likes

For me, a dedicated Moog Sequencer Complement cabinet to go with my Model 10. Unless Symbolic Sound releases new Kyma hardware, then that would be the obvious choice. But I can also live without either. Pretty keen on where my studio is right now.

3 Likes

spare RetroKits RK-006.
just because it became critical part of my live rigs, and it’s a huge time- and space-saver.

A real studio.

3 Likes

Syntakt or Waldorf M.

7 Likes

I’m hoping to only add one thing next year. Still undecided as to what thing :slight_smile:
But, I’m hoping to use no out of pocket funds. Selling off some eurorack modules to pay for whatever the new thing is will be the plan

Retrokits RK-008

4 Likes

Mk3 anything. (Not Maschine.)

3 Likes

Highly concentrated talent juice :joy:

15 Likes

Elektron Syntakt - the Machinedrum successor we all know we won’t actually get.

13 Likes

Minibrute 2(S)? Pro3?

I love my Digitakt. And I think because of that always interested in checking out the Octatrack and to a lesser extent the Rytm. But I don’t see myself actually buying either of them. It’s too much money to upgrade from a machine that I love using. I’m mostly curious.

The one thing I might actually buy if I can get some extra money is the Dreadbox Nymphes. It’s just about perfect for me. It can do weird things. It sounds great and it’s tiny. I’d love for my main set up to be Digitakt plus Digitone plus Nymphes. I just wish it came in black.

8 Likes

If you could buy just one thing in 2022, what would it be?

World peace.

56 Likes

Deckards Dream mk2

4 Likes