If there was an Elektron VST recreation, which would you want to see?

There are a ton of free step sequencers for abelton too. You could probably map these to a midi controller and one could alsio map rack controls to a macro cintroller, and emulate ictatrack scenes with muktiple macros.

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/ableton-live-step-sequencers

There are, but none works like the Elektron one. Even the Push 2 sequencer is lacking in comparison

Currently I use an OP-Z to sequence Ableton, but an Elektron VST would be fantastic

I’d like to have an integrated Overbridge/Transfer solution as VST and standalone.
That would accelerate (my) workflow a lot.

That would do the trick for me too.

Quite close.

1 Like

none – because there wouldn’t be native Linux version.

1 Like

No way to play with a keyboard though. You have to dial in the pitches per step, like an animal!

Very well possible that i miss something, and i still don‘t have a ok controller, but what i miss most in bitwig for example is the various reload comands.
Perfect layout for me on a4 ( except autosave complication for me) the reload comands next to eachother.
So a easy computer keyboard or controller mappable thing similar to a4 minikeyboard + yes/ no (reload). I think( or I miss something…) in bitwig its only possible reload sound to default, not as saved in this track, no reload track etc.

I’d go for the full digi trinity as a host/vst instrument with the sequencer in one software product (va for the analog voices). Fm, sampling, and va analog/digital machines. In stand alone mode you can put it in hybridge (tm just now) mode to also sequence and record your hardware devices that are overbridge compatible.

The Knife “Silent Shout.” it’s all over it. MAY be FM7, but can’t be that different.

There is no way to set the source sample dynamically tho, you have to record then drag the sample then slice.
In OT you can make premade slide grid, record a sample into the buffer and play the slices all in real time.

DN as a VST would honestly be fantastic. Only needing a laptop and a midi keyboard when on the move is a big convenience. Bitwig’s sequencer/arp has become powerful enough that even without the elektron seqeuncer the DN as a plugin would be a very welcome option. Not close, but would be happy to pay for a DN VST when I don’t have the DN with me or in my current setup. Of course something like sound locks and plocks for all plockable pages would be sick… but I am assuming that would be an internal sequencer to the VST.

Being able to transfer patches from one to the other would be a major selling point.

Otherwise there are plenty of FM VSTs out there…

1 Like

I think the sequencer would be the most crucial part for me, the ability to tie a preset or a combination of parameter locks to a specific step for just the voice triggered on that step would be sick

1 Like