If there was an Elektron VST recreation, which would you want to see?

I’d love to see an iOS app - ie turn your iPad into a portable MnM/MD. That’d be pretty cool to have all the hardware functionality and possibilities into some sort of app.

3 Likes

I wouldn‘t want a plugin version of any Elektron box either. Would pretty much miss the point imho.
Well, maybe the Digitone synthesis engine as a plugin :thinking: Hmm, nah! :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, what I actually would like to have are the Supervoid Reverb, Saturator Delay and Wideshift Chorus from the A4/AK as plugins. Would make tracking and mixing easier.
Doesn‘t the Digitakt and Digitone also have the Saturator Delay and Supervoid Reverb?

2 Likes

Machines from older boxes. I have the hardware (DT) to bring the sound engine to life in the elektron way. So just midi controllable sound and fx engines.

Digital Heat :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t put strange ideas into Elektron’s mind please! :smiley:
I think they’re busy enough already with software. There are people waiting for important fix and updates hardware side :wink:

2 Likes

To those who say the magic is in using hardware — I totally agree! However, that might be a different conversation about VSTs in general? I miss the basic Elektron sequencer functions when just at the laptop. I would love a plugin like Redux that takes ideas from the Elektron workflow. I think it’s possible, but perhaps it’s niche? Also, I wasn’t suggesting that Elektron make the reproduction. I was thinking the project would be outsourced to Arturia, u-he, etc. Not that it really matters, it’s just a little fantasy! :smile:

Give me a OT vst recreation. Just do it, please.

1 Like

Not a crazy idea though. I believe the original prototype was made with Pd?

1 Like

One solution would be to have vst versions of all digital machines like machinedrum, monomachine, and digitone, cycles, etc. and then have a new *Elektron hardware midi controller that could p-lock the sounds in the plug in and sequence them from within the plug in. Vsts like VPS Avenger basically have full blown sequencers inside the plugin itself, for instance, so I am sure an elektron sequencer inside the elektron vsts would be possible if Elektron put there minds to it. If there was one vst I would like digitone so I could just pull up my presets on my computer without having to have my digitone connected. And also design sounds just on the computer would be sweet.

Digitone VST would be so cool. Then I could use the midi tracks from Octa and have pretty close to a full DN experience.

1 Like

Song mode

1 Like

I’d say any of the MD, MnM or SS would be awesome. would be interesting to have the MD or MnM in a non-DAW and non-Elektron format; i.e. no Elektron sequencer built in, no parameter locks, etc. not sure if it’d be better or worse. but I’d be interested to play with it.

1 Like

If there was a Digitone VST, I would be too tempted to compare it to monsters like FM8 (which is basically a DN on steroids), so I don’t know if it would be a good thing for me.

But also let me have a midi-only version of the hardware, MS-20i style….

Oddly enough, i was never super impressed by the sound of FM8 over hw. Maybe my patches sucked, wonder if there were any songs that show it off better.

1 Like

I’d love a VST of even just the live sampling/slicing capability of OT.
I dont know any vst or DAW that you can lay down a bunch of preset slices then record into a buffer and have that auto populate the slices.
It doesn’t even seem like it’d be THAT hard to make.
Its honestly kinda shocking ableton doesn’t have this functionality.
Does it already exist somewhere?

The Entire Elektron V collection like Arturia would be cool.

There is an auto slice function in abelton, which slices to a drum rack, which you can configure with fx, pair it with an arp midi device: done.
In the mpc its also very easy, it has auto slice for your recorded samples, it can work also non destructive, only assigning slice points, and fade in out.

Hector

Ableton already has a killer sampler with Simplr, especially with the Push. And Operator is the equal of Digitone.

But it lacks a decent Elektron-style sequencer.

So my vote is for any recent Elektron box, as long as it has the sequencer.

1 Like